Replacing the Muskego High School weight room with a consolidated art and tech ed classroom seems to now have the inside track with the Muskego-Norway School Board.
The board seemed to favor the new idea over the previous plan which was to split weight room activities up between a study hall and a reconstructed weight room.
In August, the weight room floor was discovered to be deteriorated and to be too weak to safely hold up the weight room equipment. So, the weight machines were moved to the study hall which is on grade and the aerobic equipment such as bicycles were put into storage while a more permanent solution was sought.
Leaving the weight machines in the study hall permanently became a possibility when the School Board learned how much it would cost to make the weight room floor strong enough for them. But the floor could be made strong enough for the exercise bikes and until Monday, that split option seemed out in front of the others.
But the board liked the new classroom consolidation plan because it would be easier to supervise one weight room than having two locations and because the study hall was not ideally located being beside classrooms and farther from locker rooms. The art and tech ed rooms are both on grade.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Art mingles with lifting
- Muskego-Norway School Board includes police dogs to help search student property
- High ACTs achieved in local schools; New Berlin and Muskego High School students attain notable scor
- Senior taxi ridership drops as elderly users pass away; program in search of new passengers
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue
- Charity event to feature fashion in Muskego
- Musekgo High School employs sex offender security system
- Upcoming annual Muskego Community Festival will be a highflying event.
- Muskego Plan Commission shuns changes for lake homes, senior condos
- Retired Muskego High School principal will serve as interim replacement for Ryan Oertel