Ike dance team holds raffle fundraiser
New Berlin - The New Berlin Eisenhower Dance team will start selling raffle tickets Aug. 24 as a fundraiser.
Prizes include an Apple iPad and iPod Touch, and a $50 gift card.
The raffle tickets will be sold during the home JV and varsity games until the Oct. 5 homecoming game. Tickets are $5 for one ticket or $10 for three. But only a limited number will be sold.
The drawing will take place at halftime during the homecoming game. People do not need to be present to win.
Schools and unions settle pay and benefits disputes
New Berlin - A resolution of $7 million in pay and benefit disputes between the New Berlin School Board and three employee unions has been reached, calling for the district to pay $525,000 to employees and retirees.
The disputes spanned four years. The resolution settles all pending litigation and claims between the School District and the three unions - the New Berlin Education Association, the New Berlin Special Education Paraprofessional Association and the New Berlin Clerical Association.
The disputes included wages for school years of 2009-10 and 2010-11; eliminating the sick leave bank; payments to some co-curricular coaches amounting to $21,154; and premium payments made to the district's self-funded health plan. No money will be paid to the unions.
Under 2011 legislation commonly called Act 10 and Act 32, school districts are generally no longer required to negotiate wages and benefits. The School Board has set pay since the 2011-2012 school year.
- In brief: arson, memory, taxes
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- In brief: Muskego Beach Club, sock drive
- In brief: Spelling ace and geo bee
- In brief: Forums, scam, fatal crash, state title
- In brief: vandalism, electronics recycling
- In brief: church dedication, plant survey, trick or teat
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014