Donations coming in
for New Berlin police dog
New Berlin - The New Berlin police are close to their goal of raising money for the police dog program.
Police are raising money to buy a canine cop to replace the one who is retiring.
In the past, police were able to have two police dogs and they are exploring whether that donations will support that again.
Individuals, groups and companies can donate by contacting Capt. Mike Glider at email@example.com. Donations are tax deductible.
Girl Scouts sell
'shares' for troops
Muskego - Country Meadows Brownie Troop 9105 of Muskego sold cookie shares for Wisconsin soldiers serving overseas on Feb. 10 at the Franklin Pick 'n Save and on Feb. 12 at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant in New Berlin.
Besides selling traditional Girl Scout cookies, the scouts now offer cookie shares, with proceeds going to the cause of the troop's choice.
legacy of retiring CEO
New Berlin - Ron Krase, who as chief executive officer led the New Berlin-based Landmark Credit Union to a milestone in September 2012 reaching $2 billion in assets, is retiring after 39 years with the credit union.
When Kase joined Landmark, then named Chabelco Credit Union, as manager in 1973 the credit union had $2 million in assets, just one location, and four employees. Today, Landmark has grown to 28 branch locations and more than 500 employees.
Paul Reinbold, retired Landmark board member who was on the committee that hired Kase, said, "There were several applicants with more experience who applied for the position of manager back in 1973. But Ron, in his early twenties, showed a level of confidence and drive beyond his years. We knew he was the right one for the job."
During his tenure, Kase developed numerous services and programs to benefit members and the communities Landmark serves including introduction of new loan programs and working with underserved markets.
- In brief: arson, memory, taxes
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- In brief: Muskego Beach Club, sock drive
- In brief: Spelling ace and geo bee
- In brief: Forums, scam, fatal crash, state title
- In brief: vandalism, electronics recycling
- In brief: church dedication, plant survey, trick or teat
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014