Burn ban lifted after rains come
Muskego - Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti last week lifted the burn ban in the city, upon the recommendation of the fire chief.
"The much needed rain has provided relief to drought conditions," Chiaverotti said in making the announcement. "I want to thank the residents of Muskego for complying with the ban for the safety of all."
Water Bugs Ski Team does well at state competition
Muskego - The Water Bugs Ski Team from Muskego placed sixth in the Wisconsin state water ski tournament in Wisconsin Rapids.
The team's finish means it may qualify for a berth to the national tournament to be held in Janesville.
Water Bug skier Craig Planton won the Outstanding Male Skier award for the entire weekend tournament.
Other individual awards included Meghan Moriarty and Marty Campbell who took first place for strap doubles completion; Craig Planton, Ryan Wacholz and Jon Nelson, third place in the team jump competition; and Craig Planton, fifth place in the individual jump competition.
The Muskego Water Bugs performs on Little Muskego Lake, at Idle Isle Park in Muskego every Wednesday evening beginning with a junior show at 6:30 p.m. followed by a themed show at 7 p.m.
- In brief: arson, memory, taxes
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- In brief: Muskego Beach Club, sock drive
- In brief: Spelling ace and geo bee
- In brief: Forums, scam, fatal crash, state title
- In brief: vandalism, electronics recycling
- In brief: church dedication, plant survey, trick or teat
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014