Muskego - Once again, the Muskego-Norway School District looked within when it needed to find an administrator.
The School Board on Monday appointed Mill Valley Elementary School Principal Linda O'Bryan to be the new principal of Lake Denoon Middle School. O'Bryan, who has been with the district since 1984, will succeed Ryan Oertel who was moved up to principal of Muskego High School two weeks ago.
The district has been promoting administrators in a kind of leapfrog fashion to fill openings that started with Superintendent Joe Schroeder resigning at the end of this month to become associate executive director of the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators.
Moving into his slot is Assistant Superintendent Kelly Thompson and the School Board moved Muskego High School Principal Dennis Bussen into her spot.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parkland Mall sells, new Parkland lawsuit on horizon in Muskego
- Three charged in connection with theft of $400,000 from Muskego home
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- First round of random drug tests at Muskego High School all negative
- Fuse on new fireworks law about to ignite
- Multiple pay levels set for Muskego-Norway School District
- Only local race in Muskego next spring to be for District 4 alderman
- Muskego swimmer at 91 still winning medals at Wisconsin Senior Olympics
- Deadline is tomorrow to file candidacy papers for Germantown village, school board