Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
- Muskego Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Low bid way under estimate for Muskego's North Cape Road rec trail
- Muskego police to offer citizens academy in the fall
- Muskego shelves one recreation trail, gets bargain on another
- Muskego neighbors: adding parking not a solution to Kurth Park problem
- Muskego Police report: June 23, 2016
- Muskego survey shows support for splash pad, Frisbee golf, ice skating
- Kayakers enjoy idyllic evening gliding along on Big Muskego Lake
- Being natural irks Civil War buffs; Muskego contends cemetery is historically correct (1)
- Muskego Police blotter: June 16, 2016