Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 10
- Corrections: March 13
- General election voters guide for Muskego mayor
- Forum profiles Muskego aldermanic candidates
- Muskego mayoral candidates voice their positions
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 3rd Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 1st Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 5th Aldermanic District
- News & Notes: March 6
- Muskego High School's heavy weight room issue comes down to dollars