Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego officials updated on potential closing of popular boat launch
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch
- The world of Elliott: A Muskego mom’s journey to understanding her son
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- Community calendar: March 5, 2015
- Irish dancer to visit Muskego
- Muskego parades in Mardi Gras
- Citing sleep research, Muskego student pushes for later school start time
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges