Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Art mingles with lifting
- Muskego-Norway School Board includes police dogs to help search student property
- High ACTs achieved in local schools; New Berlin and Muskego High School students attain notable scor
- Senior taxi ridership drops as elderly users pass away; program in search of new passengers
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue
- Charity event to feature fashion in Muskego
- Musekgo High School employs sex offender security system
- Upcoming annual Muskego Community Festival will be a highflying event.
- Muskego Plan Commission shuns changes for lake homes, senior condos
- Retired Muskego High School principal will serve as interim replacement for Ryan Oertel