Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego, Mukwonago, Elm Grove team up to cut 911 costs
- Muskego Girl Scout earns Gold Award by constructing outdoor classroom
- Another call to restrict boat traffic on Little Muskego Lake
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego