Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Random drug testing for certain students will start this fall at Muskego High School
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports July 2-10
- Officials examine report that says some municipal ambulance response times dragged on for 14 to 23 m
- Muskego holds public hearing on residential development proposed for Little Muskego Lake
- New Muskego storage facility, coffee shop to open on Janesville Road
- Former Salentine property in Muskego to be self-storage business, coffee shop
- Muskego High School takes steps to save murals during renovation for new weight room
- Country Meadows Elementary School Principal Gary Goelz promoted to assistant superintendent of the M