Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway School Board reviews extensive school reorganization
- School closings, additions proposed to Muskego-Norway School Board
- Alleged rampage results in charges against Muskego woman (3)
- Muskego and New Berlin community calendar: April 30 issue
- Muskego Senior Taxi revving up for Cruz-N-Taste fundraiser
- Participants needed for Relay for Life, May 29-30 in Germantown
- Muskego-Norway School District honors three with compass awards
- Plan could be presented Monday to battle scourge that has hit Little Muskego Lake
- Doggy donation event, police open house to be held May 9 in Milwaukee