Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego alum shows cooking skills to 400
- Muskego to allow chickens on residential lots
- Controversial lake home/condo project back to Muskego Plan Commission
- Lake homes/condos fail to win Muskego Plan Commission recommendation
- Muskego police carry drug to treat heroin overdoses
- Public hearing slated for Muskego on tax spending
- Subdivision approval expected
- New plans for the old Aud-Mar club
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore