Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego reduces times, days for private fireworks
- Muskego blaze that destroyed a building Monday started between floors
- Muskego High School marching band to be in Mardi Gras parade
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Fire causes $300,000 in damage to Muskego boutique
- Study could end in third referendum in Muskego-Norway School District
- Parkland Mall sells, new Parkland lawsuit on horizon in Muskego
- Three charged in connection with theft of $400,000 from Muskego home
- Optional academic standards OK with schools