Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway board to discuss potential $55 million referendum
- Archbishop coming to Muskego area to install priest Dec. 6
- Muskego-Norway explores establishing alumni association
- Muskego schools may expand high school credit for middle schoolers
- Muskego schools approve 1.62 percent raises for nonteachers
- Muskego Country Christmas coming Saturday to bring holiday magic
- Young hands, old history combine for colorful mosaic of Muskego life
- Muskego's Lakepoint Church to hold grand opening in 1st permanent home
- First homesite reserved in Muskego Beach Club lakeside development (1)
- Referendum still the $55 million question for Muskego-Norway schools