Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego war vets meet with Dole in capitol
- No-tax-increase proposed Muskego city budget heads for public hearing
- Muskego man accused of assaulting local woman, apologizing after
- Muskego-Norway official sees benefits from evidence-based leadership (2)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Muskego police chief speaks of station's deficiencies
- Many parks improvements make it into proposed 2016 Muskego budget (1)
- Muskego to hire city attorney in effort to consolidate legal services
- Muskego Police blotter
- Muskego Police Department needs drive plan for new station, city hall