Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
- Energy savings almost pay for new gym floor at Muskego High School
- Parkland Mall redevelopment ready to go ahead after getting sixth vote (1)
- Muskego Plan Commission recommends controversial Parkland apartments
- Former West Bend administrator waives right to hearing in Muskego case
- Former Green Bay Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Former Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Muskego Plan Commission to hold special meeting on Parkland Mall plan
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Muskego aldermen declare positions on controversial Parkland Mall plan (3)
- Muskego Police Blotter: May 19, 2016