Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Nov. 4 poll visits a right of fall
- Muskego's 50th anniversary celebration lives on
- Muskego wraps up 50th anniversary celebration
- 'Hot' new Suburban Bourbon hits Muskego
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Muskego alum shows cooking skills to 400
- Muskego to allow chickens on residential lots
- Controversial lake home/condo project back to Muskego Plan Commission
- Lake homes/condos fail to win Muskego Plan Commission recommendation