Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
- Muskego gets a $500,000 state grant for Parkland Mall redevelopment
- Time lapse: A tour of Big Muskego Lake shows hope, beauty reign in giant wetland
- Muskego Police blotter: July 21
- Inclusive playground, dumping prairie part of Muskego parks review
- Muskego child enticement hearing for former West Bend official delayed
- Questions must be answered before Muskego Youth Football can use park
- Muskego soccer parents, Kurth Park neighbors might be on same side
- Dog park idea takes step backward in Muskego
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- Pickleball tickles Muskego seniors who flock to new courts