Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Plans revived for a subdivision near a Muskego wildlife area
- Community calendar
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Biscuit the Paw Washing Dog gives lessons on clean hands
- Owners of former Parkland Mall lose appeal of lawsuit against Muskego
- Opinion divided on Muskego letting people have chickens, other fowl
- Speakers say high-density slipping through on Little Muskego Lake