Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: April 2
- A "Shop Second Saturdays" drive is being started by the Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
- Candidates tackle issues of growth and development in Muskego's 4th District aldermanic race
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego-Norway assistant superintendent chooses return to classroom
- Principal named for Muskego High School
- Desserts bridge cultural gaps among exhange students in Muskego
- A new chocolate shop in Muskego finds early sweet success
- Community calendar: March 12, 2015