Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little Muskego Lake boat ramp to close temporarily in fight against invasive species
- Germantown to begin working on parks department survey results
- Muskego funeral home, gas station seeking city grants
- Business owners, Muskego officials to hash out problems over breakfast
- Boon to Muskego downtown planning expected to come soon
- Nearly $100,000 in grants recommended for Muskego businesses
- Memorial Day to be honored in Muskego, New Berlin
- Muskego man charged for shooting threat (1)
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- Winter's not through with us yet