Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
- Ongoing negotiations delay vote on Parkland Mall redevelopment plan in Muskego
- Muskego Chamber of Commerce announces Jammin' on Janesville dates
- Muskego Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- West Bend city administrator free after being charged with enticing Muskego girl
- Muskego aldermen advised not to attend Parkland Mall info meeting
- Chemicals, lake drawdown could be part of stonewort plan in Muskego
- Public hearing April 26 on rezoning for Parkland Mall proposal in Muskego
- Muskego City Hall, police department plans win plan commission favor (1)
- Special taxing status recommended for plan at former Parkland Mall (7)
- Muskego Police blotter: April 1-8