Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald Park landfill remains a classroom
- Muskego's Country Christmas on Saturday features ugly sweater contest
- Signature gathering to start soon for Muskego Common Council
- Muskego parks, recreation director resigns after reshuffle
- Muskego may cut days, hours for fireworks displays at homes
- Muskego Common Council approves rezoning for lake home/condo plan
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- Muskego mixes old and new
- Muskego walks in the footsteps of history, guided by signs