Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway District one of only three Wisconsin districts to lower levy for five years (2)
- Lots of people attend Moorland Road in Muskego project meeting, few criticisms (2)
- Two more charged in connection with Muskego Petro Mart armed robbery
- Muskego police arrest house burglary suspects; cremated remains of son were not recovered
- Muskego-Norway School Board approves holding a $43.2 million referendum on April 5
- Aldermen favor going ahead with new Muskego City Hall, police station
- Muskego police searching for explorer recruits
- Evers nominates Muskego Elementary School for Blue Ribbon award
- Muskego man, 27, faces armed robbery charge connected to gas station hold up
- Plans for new Muskego city hall, police station appear to win favor