Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Jammin' on Janesville set for Aug.7
- Muskego Common Council reopens one boat launch, keeps two more open
- Muskego explores a request for finance help to redevelop the former Parkland Mall
- Condos, stores may come to former Parkland Mall site in Muskego
- Muskego may expand drug testing to students with parking permits (1)
- Parking permit-holders might be drug tested at Muskego High School (1)
- Big Muskego Lake officials may request grant for stonewort fight
- Officials focus on stopping spread of starry stonewort rather than removing it
- Little Muskego Lake fighting starry stonewort on many fronts
- Residents say dam on creek in Muskego is 'jewel' and to leave it alone (2)