Muskego - A play speculating about what happened to Edgar Allan Poe in the mysterious last days of the the macabre writer's life will open at Muskego High School on Thursday.
"Nevermore!" was written by Julian Wiles and is based on Poe's life and works.
In September 1847, Poe is reported to have boarded a steamer in Baltimore Harbor for an overnight voyage to New York City. He never arrived. Five days later, he was found delirious on a Baltimore street and died soon thereafter.
No one knows what happened during those five days. This imaginative play, utilizing the macabre stories and poems of one of America's most celebrated writers, ponders that question.
Performances will be in the MHS Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Admission is $5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Will condo development harm the Little Muskego Lake?
- Trout Unlimited/DNR scour dam suggested for Muskego's Jewel Creek (1)
- American Legion Post 356 of Muskego honors Piggly Wiggly owner
- Muskego's salute to summer coming soon
- Muskego schools ready its staff for a new semester
- Muskego-Norway School District gets new director of secondary learning
- Muskego High School gets new associate principal
- Computer systems administrator to be hired at Muskego-Norway
- Muskego High School students with parking permits are eligible for random drug testing (1)
- One of last Muskego Bass Bay cottages goes down, but will rise again