Police search for bank robbers
New Berlin - Police continue to search for the two men, believed to be in their 60s, who were involved in the armed robbery of Harris Bank, 14000 W. National Ave., about 3:10 p.m. Aug. 2.
According to New Berlin police, one of the men handed a teller a note implying he had a gun and demanded money. The suspect fled to a waiting car with an undisclosed amount of money.
The suspect who entered the bank was described as a white male, in his 60s, 5 feet 7 inches, with a "stocky" build. He was wearing a blue or gray baseball cap, aviator-style sunglasses, and had a bandage strip on his nose. The suspect was wearing an olive colored T-shirt and khaki shorts.
The getaway car was a red, older model Pontiac Grand AM that was parked in the lot of the business to the west. The vehicle was driven by a white man also believed to be in his 60s. The suspects fled westbound on National Avenue then northbound on 147th Street.
Anyone having information possibly related to this case is asked to contact the New Berlin Police Department at (262) 782-6640.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek battles car fire in Muskego
- New Berlin, Muskego students record noticeable gains in WKCE test scores
- Old weight room floor slated for fix
- New Berlin and Muskego schools viewed as among most challenging in nation: Rated as the most challenging
- Wine and beer will flow at a fund raiser for the Muskego Library
- New Berlin panel exploring options for affordable housing in New Berlin: Housing trust fund of $75,000 is available to reach goal
- New Berlin, Muskego officials ask Madison lawmakers for relief from stormwater tax
- Potential expansions for sports facailites at Muskego High School being examined by School Board
- Chiaverotti captures second term in Muskego mayoral race
- Random drug testing still topic of debate