Police search for bank robbers
New Berlin - Police continue to search for the two men, believed to be in their 60s, who were involved in the armed robbery of Harris Bank, 14000 W. National Ave., about 3:10 p.m. Aug. 2.
According to New Berlin police, one of the men handed a teller a note implying he had a gun and demanded money. The suspect fled to a waiting car with an undisclosed amount of money.
The suspect who entered the bank was described as a white male, in his 60s, 5 feet 7 inches, with a "stocky" build. He was wearing a blue or gray baseball cap, aviator-style sunglasses, and had a bandage strip on his nose. The suspect was wearing an olive colored T-shirt and khaki shorts.
The getaway car was a red, older model Pontiac Grand AM that was parked in the lot of the business to the west. The vehicle was driven by a white man also believed to be in his 60s. The suspects fled westbound on National Avenue then northbound on 147th Street.
Anyone having information possibly related to this case is asked to contact the New Berlin Police Department at (262) 782-6640.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa rubber stamp company chooses Brookfield for new home
- Community calendar: March 5, 2015
- Irish dancer to visit Muskego
- Muskego parades in Mardi Gras
- Muskego student Clayton Cavanaugh is asking school board to begin high school classes at 9 a.m.
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- Aquatic experts gather to devise battle plan for new pest found in Little Muskego Lake
- The musical "Catch Me If You Can" will be staged at Muskego High School
- Updated: Interim appointed after New Berlin West boys basketball coach arrested for pot (1)