Police search for bank robbers
New Berlin - Police continue to search for the two men, believed to be in their 60s, who were involved in the armed robbery of Harris Bank, 14000 W. National Ave., about 3:10 p.m. Aug. 2.
According to New Berlin police, one of the men handed a teller a note implying he had a gun and demanded money. The suspect fled to a waiting car with an undisclosed amount of money.
The suspect who entered the bank was described as a white male, in his 60s, 5 feet 7 inches, with a "stocky" build. He was wearing a blue or gray baseball cap, aviator-style sunglasses, and had a bandage strip on his nose. The suspect was wearing an olive colored T-shirt and khaki shorts.
The getaway car was a red, older model Pontiac Grand AM that was parked in the lot of the business to the west. The vehicle was driven by a white man also believed to be in his 60s. The suspects fled westbound on National Avenue then northbound on 147th Street.
Anyone having information possibly related to this case is asked to contact the New Berlin Police Department at (262) 782-6640.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego
- Lake Denoon Middle School up for $20,000 grant, but needs support
- New summer school classes brings in Muskego-Norway students
- Food fight flops at Muskego High