Listening sessions that will allow New Berlin residents to tell officials how they would like the last major tract of farmland east of Moorland Road to be developed have now been scheduled.
Sewer and water lines are likely to be in the ground by the end of next year, and before development starts New Berlin officials want to get a read on what the public wants for the area bounded approximately by Sunny Slope Road to the east, College Avenue to the south, Grange Avenue to the north and Moorland Road to the west.
The city's comprehensive plan calls for the western part to be industrial and the eastern part to be residential. The plan calls for a residential density of one house for every two acres.
There also is some discussion about expanding the industrial portion eastward.
But within the framework of industrial and residential, a lot of details can be filled in, said Alderman Ken Harenda, who represents the area. As a result, he has scheduled listening sessions to hear what people want to see and what they don't want to see developed there.
Four listening sessions, all at 6 p.m., will be held Jan. 11, 19, 23 and 25, at City Hall, 3805 S. Casper Drive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Jammin' on Janesville set for Aug. 7
- Muskego Common Council reopens one boat launch, keeps two more open
- Muskego explores a request for finance help to redevelop the former Parkland Mall
- Condos, stores may come to former Parkland Mall site in Muskego
- Muskego may expand drug testing to students with parking permits (1)
- Parking permit-holders might be drug tested at Muskego High School (1)
- Big Muskego Lake officials may request grant for stonewort fight
- Officials focus on stopping spread of starry stonewort rather than removing it
- Little Muskego Lake fighting starry stonewort on many fronts
- Residents say dam on creek in Muskego is 'jewel' and to leave it alone (2)