Muskego - Muskego High School sophomore Jarod Sharp, son of Randy and Lisa Sharp of Wind Lake, thinks big.
As his Eagle Scout project, he and volunteers from Scout Troop 332 built an oversized Adirondack chair for Phantom Lake YMCA Camp of Mukwonago
He has earned 65 merit badges and has held the positions of Troop Guide and Assistant Senior Patrol Leader.
Jarod planned and directed the building of an oversized Adirondack chair for his Eagle Scout project for Phantom Lake YMCA Camp of Mukwonago to use for promotions. The big chair is now at the camp which will use it to promote a "big fun" atmosphere for their campers and guests. It may even become the most popular and photographed place at camp, and once it gets the camp name emblazoned across it, the chair could add to the branding to every photo, suggested Lisa Sharp.
Jarod dedicated the big chair to the memory of his grandfather, Bruce Peterson, who died Aug. 1, 2011.
More than 200 hours of planning and volunteer time spread across four weeks were required. More than 24 volunteers helped Jarod with the service project, including many local businesses.
Owner Tom Mainus of Mainus Construction of Waterford, which custom builds home storage sheds, donated his trailer to move the chair to Mukwonago; Owner Jim Dignin of Cedar Shack of Burlington, which makes solid red cedar handcrafted outdoor furniture, donated woodworking tools used to cut the boards; Ruma Sports of Union Grove made the memorial plates; and the Worzella Lumber Company of Franklin gave a discount on the materials.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego reduces times, days for private fireworks
- Muskego blaze that destroyed a building Monday started between floors
- Muskego High School marching band to be in Mardi Gras parade
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Fire causes $300,000 in damage to Muskego boutique
- Study could end in third referendum in Muskego-Norway School District
- Parkland Mall sells, new Parkland lawsuit on horizon in Muskego
- Three charged in connection with theft of $400,000 from Muskego home
- Optional academic standards OK with schools