Muskego — Police are seeking suspects who burglarized a Muskego home, possibly in connection with a drug deal, and who tried to kill the family dog.
The incident happened in the 17900 block of West Muskego Drive about 3:15 p.m. Jan. 24 when police received a report of gunfire.
According to police records:
A neighbor heard the shots and used his cellphone to take a video of the suspects' pickup truck and of the truck they stole from the home. Oddly enough, both were black Chevrolet Avalanches.
The shots the neighbor heard came from one of the burglars attempting to shoot the family's golden retriever. The dog was seen unhurt about 90 minutes later in the parking lot of Pick 'n Save, W17005 Janesville Road, by an employee who notified the owner. The store is roughly two miles from the dog's home.
A video game system valued at $200 was stolen along with the Avalanche.
Under police questioning, the 24-year-old son of the woman who owns the stolen Avalanche admitted to police that the burglars might have been drug dealers from whom he had purchased $400 worth of pills. They have have been out for revenge because he cheated them by paying with an envelope of paper strips rather than currency, he said.
The man had received a text message from one of the dealers saying they would involve his parents and that his dog was dead.
— Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Random drug testing for certain students will start this fall at Muskego High School
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports July 2-10
- Officials examine report that says some municipal ambulance response times dragged on for 14 to 23 m
- Muskego holds public hearing on residential development proposed for Little Muskego Lake
- New Muskego storage facility, coffee shop to open on Janesville Road
- Former Salentine property in Muskego to be self-storage business, coffee shop
- Muskego High School takes steps to save murals during renovation for new weight room
- Country Meadows Elementary School Principal Gary Goelz promoted to assistant superintendent of the M