Muskego — A bigger and better National Night Out is promised by the Muskego Task Force on Public Safety Education, the Muskego Police Department and by the Tess Corners Fire Department.
Muskego's seventh annual observance of National Night Out will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at Muskego's Veteran's Memorial Park at the Muskego City Hall, W182 S8200 Racine Ave.
This year, visitors will get to meet Muskego's first police dog, Sirius, named in honor of the only police dog lost on 9/11.
Also new will be a chance to run with the Klement's Sausages. After the race, runners and fans will get to have Klement's hot dogs to be sold this year for the first time at the celebration.
Another first-timer will be the Civil Air Patrol that will have a display.
In addition, all the favorite elements of National Night Out observances will be back. Visitors will be able to learn from members of local and federal law enforcement, as well as from local fire personnel what they can do to protect family, home and neighborhood.
There will be family-oriented entertainment and giveaways, also.
Returning favorites this year include The Gleasons, a local band featuring Celtic, Americana, bluegrass, rock and pop favorites; bike helmet giveaways and bike raffles sponsored by the Muskego Lions Club; free T-shirts for the first 500 kids; bounce houses, face painting; lots of food; and the chance to win $125 Target gift cards in the raffle.
The organizers gave special thanks to the sponsors who made the event happen. They include All About Graphics, Alpine Lanes, Burback Builders, Coldwell Banker, Elite-Tad Williams, Cousin's Subs-Muskego, Dairy Queen-Muskego, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Moorland Reserve Health Center, Hatch Staffing Services, Innovative Systems, Inc.. Inpro Corporation, Jimmy Johns-Muskego, Klement's Sausage Co., Inc., Kwik Trip, Lakepoint Church, Lakeshore Medical Clinic, Ltd., Lang Construction, Learning Edge Childcare & Preschool, the Muskego Chamber of Commerce, the Muskego Lions Club, the Muskego Moose Lodge, Muskego Tire & Auto, New York Life Insurance-John Mooney, Piggly Wiggly, Reinhart Food Services, Richlonn's Tire and Service Center, St. Leonard's School, Starz Dance Academy, Target, Tres Loco, US Bank and Waukesha State Bank.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Will condo development harm the Little Muskego Lake?
- Trout Unlimited/DNR scour dam suggested for Muskego's Jewel Creek (1)
- American Legion Post 356 of Muskego honors Piggly Wiggly owner
- Muskego's salute to summer coming soon
- Muskego schools ready its staff for a new semester
- Muskego-Norway School District gets new director of secondary learning
- Muskego High School gets new associate principal
- Computer systems administrator to be hired at Muskego-Norway
- Muskego High School students with parking permits are eligible for random drug testing (1)
- One of last Muskego Bass Bay cottages goes down, but will rise again