Muskego — A fashion show combining the newest looks in clothing with fashionable products for the home will be presented in the seventh annual "Refashion for Life" charity event on Wednesday, Aug. 20.
The event will be from 5:30 to 10 p.m. at Callen Construction's Muskego Showroom and company grounds, S63 W13131 Janesville Road.
Proceeds will benefit CommonGround Ministry/Elena's House in Wauwatosa providing physical, spiritual and emotional support for those affected by HIV/AIDS.
In addition to the runway show, the event will include music by Mr. Lucky Light, a wine pull with bottles valued up to $75, a cooking demonstration and a dance showcase by professionals from Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Greenfield.
There also will be voice and silent auctions offering a wide assortment of items, including two weekend passes to the Vintage Sports Car Drivers Association "Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival," Sept. 12-14, two tickets to a 2014-2015 performance at the Skylight Music Theatre; two private dance lessons, and two social dance parties from Fred Astaire Dance Studios of Greenfield; a Bose SoundDock Series II digital music system; a tandem skydiving certificate from Skydive Milwaukee; and a Visit Chicago Package.
Saz's Catering will provide an extensive appetizer and dessert menu, including Hawaiian pork crostini, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, petite beef wellingtons, breaded ravioli, lump crab cakes, chicken satay, parmesan risotto croquettes, fresh fruit, and a sweets station featuring mousse tartlets, petite cheesecakes and éclairs.
Tickets are $40 and are available at refashionforlife.com. More information is available at (414) 529-5509(414) 529-5509, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Another call to restrict boat traffic on Little Muskego Lake
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego
- Lake Denoon Middle School up for $20,000 grant, but needs support
- New summer school classes brings in Muskego-Norway students