Muskego — A fashion show combining the newest looks in clothing with fashionable products for the home will be presented in the seventh annual "Refashion for Life" charity event on Wednesday, Aug. 20.
The event will be from 5:30 to 10 p.m. at Callen Construction's Muskego Showroom and company grounds, S63 W13131 Janesville Road.
Proceeds will benefit CommonGround Ministry/Elena's House in Wauwatosa providing physical, spiritual and emotional support for those affected by HIV/AIDS.
In addition to the runway show, the event will include music by Mr. Lucky Light, a wine pull with bottles valued up to $75, a cooking demonstration and a dance showcase by professionals from Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Greenfield.
There also will be voice and silent auctions offering a wide assortment of items, including two weekend passes to the Vintage Sports Car Drivers Association "Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival," Sept. 12-14, two tickets to a 2014-2015 performance at the Skylight Music Theatre; two private dance lessons, and two social dance parties from Fred Astaire Dance Studios of Greenfield; a Bose SoundDock Series II digital music system; a tandem skydiving certificate from Skydive Milwaukee; and a Visit Chicago Package.
Saz's Catering will provide an extensive appetizer and dessert menu, including Hawaiian pork crostini, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, petite beef wellingtons, breaded ravioli, lump crab cakes, chicken satay, parmesan risotto croquettes, fresh fruit, and a sweets station featuring mousse tartlets, petite cheesecakes and éclairs.
Tickets are $40 and are available at refashionforlife.com. More information is available at (414) 529-5509(414) 529-5509, or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Condos, stores may come to former Parkland Mall site in Muskego
- Muskego may expand drug testing to students with parking permits (1)
- Parking permit-holders might be drug tested at Muskego High School (1)
- Big Muskego Lake officials may request grant for stonewort fight
- Officials focus on stopping spread of starry stonewort rather than removing it
- Little Muskego Lake fighting starry stonewort on many fronts
- Residents say dam on creek in Muskego is 'jewel' and to leave it alone (2)
- DNR to hold information meetings on starry stonewort
- MUG Place hard to find, has a lot brewing in Muskego
- 'Lake killer' over-reaction to starry stonewort, Michigan expert says