Muskego - Muskego High School has named Emma Szczupakiewic and Joe Blommel, both graduating seniors, as its 2012 WIAA Scholar Athletes.
Each year, member high schools of the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association are invited to nominate one boy and one girl for Scholar Athlete honors. Students must have earned at least four varsity letters and a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
This fall, Szczupakiewic, a star swimmer, will attend Miami University on an athletic and academic scholarship.
Blommel, a top athlete in track, will go to the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study engineering.
- Muskego gets a $500,000 state grant for Parkland Mall redevelopment
- Time lapse: A tour of Big Muskego Lake shows hope, beauty reign in giant wetland
- Muskego Police blotter: July 21
- Inclusive playground, dumping prairie part of Muskego parks review
- Muskego child enticement hearing for former West Bend official delayed
- Questions must be answered before Muskego Youth Football can use park
- Muskego soccer parents, Kurth Park neighbors might be on same side
- Dog park idea takes step backward in Muskego
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- Pickleball tickles Muskego seniors who flock to new courts