Gov. Scott Walker took both Muskego and New Berlin on the way to his statewide win over Democratic challenger Tom Barrett in Tuesday's recall election.
With an 83.6 percent turnout in New Berlin, Walker polled 70 percent to Barrett's 29 percent. With the results still unofficial, the vote totals were 16,128 for Walker and 6,722 for Barrett. Independent candidate Hari Trivedi and write-ins got less than 1 percent.
In Muskego, where the turnout was 86 percent, Walker captured 73 percent to Barrett's 27 percent. The unofficial vote totals were 10,023 for Walker and 3,652 for Barrett.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 10
- Corrections: March 13
- General election voters guide for Muskego mayor
- Forum profiles Muskego aldermanic candidates
- Muskego mayoral candidates voice their positions
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 3rd Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 1st Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 5th Aldermanic District
- News & Notes: March 6
- Muskego High School's heavy weight room issue comes down to dollars