Anyone who has been to the Walmart in the New Berlin City Center lately knows that the store is inviting customers to sign a petition if they would like to see the Walmart Super Center proposed for Greenfield Avenue built.
The store has a display of where the controversial Walmart would be located, showing its placement including how far off the road it would be.
If shoppers pause at the display, a staff member invites them to sign the petition if they would like the store to be built.
Currently, Walmart officials are trying to win city approval of the proposed store at 15205 W. Greenfield Ave. The store would need a change in zoning and in the city 2020 Comprehensive Plan.
The goal of the petition is to try to show city officials that there is support for the proposed Walmart.
If the Super Center is approved, the current Walmart will be closed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald Park landfill remains a classroom
- Muskego's Country Christmas on Saturday features ugly sweater contest
- Signature gathering to start soon for Muskego Common Council
- Muskego parks, recreation director resigns after reshuffle
- Muskego may cut days, hours for fireworks displays at homes
- Muskego Common Council approves rezoning for lake home/condo plan
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- Muskego mixes old and new
- Muskego walks in the footsteps of history, guided by signs