Anyone who has been to the Walmart in the New Berlin City Center lately knows that the store is inviting customers to sign a petition if they would like to see the Walmart Super Center proposed for Greenfield Avenue built.
The store has a display of where the controversial Walmart would be located, showing its placement including how far off the road it would be.
If shoppers pause at the display, a staff member invites them to sign the petition if they would like the store to be built.
Currently, Walmart officials are trying to win city approval of the proposed store at 15205 W. Greenfield Ave. The store would need a change in zoning and in the city 2020 Comprehensive Plan.
The goal of the petition is to try to show city officials that there is support for the proposed Walmart.
If the Super Center is approved, the current Walmart will be closed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Will condo development harm the Little Muskego Lake?
- Trout Unlimited/DNR scour dam suggested for Muskego's Jewel Creek
- American Legion Post 356 of Muskego honors Piggly Wiggly owner
- Muskego's salute to summer coming soon
- Muskego schools ready its staff for a new semester
- Muskego-Norway School District gets new director of secondary learning
- Muskego High School gets new associate principal
- Computer systems administrator to be hired at Muskego-Norway
- Muskego High School students with parking permits are eligible for random drug testing (1)
- One of last Muskego Bass Bay cottages goes down, but will rise again