Muskego - Despite people's workday schedules on July 3, the Water Bugs Ski Team is expecting the usual overflow crowd for its celebration of the nation's Independence Day.
Water Bugs president Mark Moriarty acknowledged that attendance might be a little lighter in the afternoon, he said, but the activities at Idle Isle Park, S6666 Hardtke Drive, will stretch throughout the day nonetheless, culminating the main ski show at 7 p.m.
"We'll do jumps and pyramids and barefooting," Moriarty said.
The celebration includes plenty of swimming and picnicking, plus inflatable rides, a bungee run and a rock climbing wall. The Water Bugs will open its concession stand about 1 p.m. About 6:30 p.m., the younger members of the ski team (from age 6) will take to the water for a preliminary ski show.
After the skiing is done and dusk settles over the park, roughly at 9:15 p.m., the fireworks (set to music) will begin.
The normal Idle Isle parking will be supplemented with a new parking lot at Park Arthur, Moriarty said. Free shuttles also will take people to and from the celebration from a satellite parking area at Peace Lutheran Church at Small Road and College Avenue. The shuttles will run from about 5 to 10:30 p.m.
The Water Bugs festivities are the biggest celebration of the nation's independence in Muskego. The city holds its big summer celebration, Muskego Fest, in August. This year's dates are Aug. 23 to 26.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
- Ongoing negotiations delay vote on Parkland Mall redevelopment plan in Muskego
- Muskego Chamber of Commerce announces Jammin' on Janesville dates
- Muskego Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- West Bend city administrator free after being charged with enticing Muskego girl
- Muskego aldermen advised not to attend Parkland Mall info meeting
- Chemicals, lake drawdown could be part of stonewort plan in Muskego
- Public hearing April 26 on rezoning for Parkland Mall proposal in Muskego
- Muskego City Hall, police department plans win plan commission favor (1)
- Special taxing status recommended for plan at former Parkland Mall (7)
- Muskego Police blotter: April 1-8