Muskego - The Muskego High School football program is being well-represented on the collegiate level.
Linebacker/punter Jordan Gruettner, last season's NOW Newspapers All-Suburban Player of the Year, will walk on at an NCAA Division I college. He is deciding between the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Northern Illinois or the University of Minnesota.
Three other seniors from the 2011 squad have signed national letters of intent with Division II schools: linebacker Tommy Stark with the University of Sioux Falls, offensive lineman Connor McIntosh with St. Cloud State University and offensive lineman/long snapper Collin Smith with Winona State University.
They will join seven others who are playing on college teams. Playing on Division I squads are defensive lineman Kyle Costigan at Wisconsin, quarterback Adam Schulz at the University of Utah and long snapper Mike Famigletti at Western Illinois.
Costigan was a redshirt freshman and last year received between 15-20 snaps per game, while Famigletti is the starting long snapper for Western Illinois.
Playing Division III football are guard Jake Holterman at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, wide receiver Nick Hirsch at UW-Eau Claire, Jon Pastorek at UW-Platteville and Connor Anderson at the University of Concordia-Chicago.
Holterman has started at guard since his freshman year and Hirsch is part of Eau Claire's rotation at wideout.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Strong cast of veterans will boost Muskego girls basketball team in 2015-16 season
- Muskego boys basketball team tries to follow up on successful season
- Muskego's Stigler captures WIAA state swimming championship in breaststroke
- Muskego's football success built upon solid foundation
- Franklin football team stuns Muskego
- Muskego sends 10 qualifiers to state swimming championships
- Muskego boys volleyball team drops tough match to Racine Case in regional dual meet
- Football: Franklin football team makes statement with rout of Muskego, 42-15
- Muskego boys cross-country squad runs to 18th place in WIAA Division 1 State Meet
- Muskego's Jochims captures 10th place at WIAA Division 1 state cross-country meet