Muskego - The Muskego High School football program is being well-represented on the collegiate level.
Linebacker/punter Jordan Gruettner, last season's NOW Newspapers All-Suburban Player of the Year, will walk on at an NCAA Division I college. He is deciding between the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Northern Illinois or the University of Minnesota.
Three other seniors from the 2011 squad have signed national letters of intent with Division II schools: linebacker Tommy Stark with the University of Sioux Falls, offensive lineman Connor McIntosh with St. Cloud State University and offensive lineman/long snapper Collin Smith with Winona State University.
They will join seven others who are playing on college teams. Playing on Division I squads are defensive lineman Kyle Costigan at Wisconsin, quarterback Adam Schulz at the University of Utah and long snapper Mike Famigletti at Western Illinois.
Costigan was a redshirt freshman and last year received between 15-20 snaps per game, while Famigletti is the starting long snapper for Western Illinois.
Playing Division III football are guard Jake Holterman at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, wide receiver Nick Hirsch at UW-Eau Claire, Jon Pastorek at UW-Platteville and Connor Anderson at the University of Concordia-Chicago.
Holterman has started at guard since his freshman year and Hirsch is part of Eau Claire's rotation at wideout.
- Muskego's Wagner shines with the stars in both basketball and baseball (1)
- Muskego wins twice, extends lead in Classic 8 Conference baseball race
- Improving pitching backs up big bats for red-hot Muskego baseball team
- Muskego soccer team downed by Divine Savior Holy Angels at state tournament
- Muskego rugby squad falls to Madison Exiles in state playoffs
- Offense leads the way for Muskego baseball team in season's early going
- Muskego girls soccer team secures third straight trip to state tournament
- Muskego Youth Baseball Association helps Wagner with trip to State All-Star Classic
- Muskego's Polivka earns tie for sixth place at WIAA Division 1 State Golf Meet
- Muskego boys continue success in relays at WIAA D1 State Track and Field Meet