Muskego - The Muskego High School football program is being well-represented on the collegiate level.
Linebacker/punter Jordan Gruettner, last season's NOW Newspapers All-Suburban Player of the Year, will walk on at an NCAA Division I college. He is deciding between the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Northern Illinois or the University of Minnesota.
Three other seniors from the 2011 squad have signed national letters of intent with Division II schools: linebacker Tommy Stark with the University of Sioux Falls, offensive lineman Connor McIntosh with St. Cloud State University and offensive lineman/long snapper Collin Smith with Winona State University.
They will join seven others who are playing on college teams. Playing on Division I squads are defensive lineman Kyle Costigan at Wisconsin, quarterback Adam Schulz at the University of Utah and long snapper Mike Famigletti at Western Illinois.
Costigan was a redshirt freshman and last year received between 15-20 snaps per game, while Famigletti is the starting long snapper for Western Illinois.
Playing Division III football are guard Jake Holterman at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, wide receiver Nick Hirsch at UW-Eau Claire, Jon Pastorek at UW-Platteville and Connor Anderson at the University of Concordia-Chicago.
Holterman has started at guard since his freshman year and Hirsch is part of Eau Claire's rotation at wideout.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego girls basketball team earns split in season-opening tourney
- Guard play a key to improvement for Muskego boys basketball team
- Muskego swimmer Lauren Stigler earns two top-five finishes at state
- Muskego girls basketball team looks to bounce back
- State swim meet tidbits
- Muskego boys volleyball team falls to Horlick in WIAA sectional match
- Muskego girls swimming team secures 13 qualifying spots for state
- Girls volleyball: Muskego girls volleyball team falls just short of WIAA state crown
- Girls volleyball: Fifth-set heroics propel Muskego girls volleyball team to state final
- Muskego girls volleyball team bounces back, nips Union Grove in semi