Muskego - Jessica Mlachnik and Shannon Riley, two of the top players on this year's Muskego girls basketball team, have decided on their colleges.
Mlachnik made a verbal commitment to play at Ashford University in Clinton, Iowa, while Riley chose the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
Mlachnik averages a team-high 11.8 points, along with 4.9 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.8 steals. She is a three-year starter for the Warriors, who came into this week at 11-7.
"We are extremely excited to have Jessica joining our Ashford family," head coach Amy Eagan said. "Jess's character, leadership, work ethic and competitiveness will have an immediate impact on our team. She will be a great fit to our system both offensively and defensively."
Ashford is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and the Midwest Collegiate Conference. Mlachnik plans to major in education.
Riley averages 10.2 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.3 steals. She will major in communicative disorders at Eau Claire, with plans to become a speech pathologist.
Eau Claire was 17-5 and rated 16th in the NCAA Division III this season. The BluGolds have made four NCAA postseason trips under coach Tonja Englund.
"UW-Eau Claire is everything I was looking for in a university," Riley said. "They have a great speech therapy program, and I will have the opportunity to play for one of the top teams in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. I love the atmosphere on campus, in Zorn Arena and the overall feel of the team and coaching staff."
Both Mlachnik and Riley were on the All-Southeast Conference team last season and played for the Wisconsin Impact club program.
- Dachowski's hot bat helps propel Muskego softball team to three victories
- Muskego's Kotarak flies high as freshman in MSOE track and field
- Muskego girls track team notches top-five finishes at Brookfield East, West Allis Hale meets
- Strong pitching helps boost Muskego softball team to top of Classic 8 Conference standings
- Muskego girls soccer team led by strong veteran defense
- Longtime teammates Wagner, Farner led Muskego boys basketball team to state
- Capes led Muskego boys basketball team out of struggles to state championship game
- Muskego girls basketball team surged back to .500 level in 2015-16 season
- Turnaround for Muskego boys basketball team reached new heights in 2015-16 season
- Muskego girls basketball team surged back to .500 mark in 2015-16 season