Behind three second places, the Muskego girls tennis team placed third in the Classic 8 Conference Tournament on Monday.
The event was originally scheduled for Saturday but was postponed by rain.
Finishing second for Muskego were Amy Upthagrove at first singles, Kristen Kubel at fourth singles and the first doubles team of Alison Lambrecht and Natalie Radloff.
Emily Kleist took third place at second singles, while third singles player Morgan Scholfield, the second team of Julie Dusold and Elizabeth Jacoby and the third unit of Megan Hunjadi and Jessica Klamecki all won the consolation round for fifth place.
"We definitely saved our best for last this season," head coach Sue Vogel said. "I was excited to see Kristen and our first doubles team upset seeds to make their way to the finals."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 29, 2015
- Muskego girls skiing team captures team title at Alpine Valley meet
- Muskego boys basketball team gears up for showdown with Kettle Moraine
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 22, 2015
- Balanced Muskego boys team stays on a roll with two more victories
- Muskego boys swim squad captures fourth in conference relays meet
- Drew Borland's firsts help Muskego swim team prevail
- Caleb Wagner's basket boosts Muskego boys past Mukwonago in thriller
- Evan Sinda claims championship for Muskego wrestlers at Hale tourney
- Muskego swimmers place well in Homestead, Marquette invitationals