Behind three second places, the Muskego girls tennis team placed third in the Classic 8 Conference Tournament on Monday.
The event was originally scheduled for Saturday but was postponed by rain.
Finishing second for Muskego were Amy Upthagrove at first singles, Kristen Kubel at fourth singles and the first doubles team of Alison Lambrecht and Natalie Radloff.
Emily Kleist took third place at second singles, while third singles player Morgan Scholfield, the second team of Julie Dusold and Elizabeth Jacoby and the third unit of Megan Hunjadi and Jessica Klamecki all won the consolation round for fifth place.
"We definitely saved our best for last this season," head coach Sue Vogel said. "I was excited to see Kristen and our first doubles team upset seeds to make their way to the finals."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower beats New Berlin West and Cudahy in baseball
- Pitching spurs Muskego baseball to early success
- Sports Shorts: June 6
- Oleniczak, Ziolkowski advance to state quarterfinals
- Muskego runner feels highs, lows at state track meet
- Sports Notes: May 30
- Jansen leads Muskego state track contingent
- Muskego sends two doubles teams to state
- Sports Shorts: May 23
- Muskego softball team rolls past Classic 8 foes