Behind three second places, the Muskego girls tennis team placed third in the Classic 8 Conference Tournament on Monday.
The event was originally scheduled for Saturday but was postponed by rain.
Finishing second for Muskego were Amy Upthagrove at first singles, Kristen Kubel at fourth singles and the first doubles team of Alison Lambrecht and Natalie Radloff.
Emily Kleist took third place at second singles, while third singles player Morgan Scholfield, the second team of Julie Dusold and Elizabeth Jacoby and the third unit of Megan Hunjadi and Jessica Klamecki all won the consolation round for fifth place.
"We definitely saved our best for last this season," head coach Sue Vogel said. "I was excited to see Kristen and our first doubles team upset seeds to make their way to the finals."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego boys tennis team moves up to fourth place in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego softball team settles for share of Classic 8 Conference crown
- Tosa East HOF induction set for May 30
- East's Libbey, Fisher win events
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- Muskego boys tennis team brings home South Milwaukee championship
- Muskego softball coach John Rosenberg posts 400th coaching victory
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015
- Muskego girls soccer team tips Catholic Memorial on Erin Bolskar's late penalty kick