Muskego - The decision to attend and play volleyball for the University of Toledo was an easy one for Mary O'Connor of Muskego.
After all, it meant that she was going home.
O'Connor lived in Toledo from infancy through sixth grade, so she was quite familiar with the city and with the university.
"The campus is beautiful, and I really love the coaching staff there," she said. "I visited Kentucky and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, but Toledo is my favorite."
O'Connor, who helped her Muskego High School team reach the WIAA Division 1 State Tournament a few weeks ago, signed a national letter of intent last week with Toledo. She received a full athletic scholarship.
She is the second Muskego athlete to sign with a school from the Midwest Athletic Conference, as Renee Bennett agreed to attend and play basketball for Ball State University.
O'Connor plans to major in physical therapy.
O'Connor made first-team all-Classic 8 Conference and third-team all-state this season for the Warriors. She led team in kills with 312 and also totaled 73 blocks.
She also plays club volleyball for the Wisconsin Juniors in Kenosha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego girls hoops faces some rebuilding
- High-powered Muskego boys basketball rolls past Franklin
- Muskego girls basketball open schedule Nov. 30
- Muskego boys basketball picks up the pace
- Muskego enjoyed plenty of sports success in 2013
- Muskego football hung tough in brutal conference
- Muskego girls send 10 entries to state swimming meet
- Sports Shorts: Nov. 14
- Social media story: Muskego boys win state soccer title
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 7