Muskego - The decision to attend and play volleyball for the University of Toledo was an easy one for Mary O'Connor of Muskego.
After all, it meant that she was going home.
O'Connor lived in Toledo from infancy through sixth grade, so she was quite familiar with the city and with the university.
"The campus is beautiful, and I really love the coaching staff there," she said. "I visited Kentucky and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, but Toledo is my favorite."
O'Connor, who helped her Muskego High School team reach the WIAA Division 1 State Tournament a few weeks ago, signed a national letter of intent last week with Toledo. She received a full athletic scholarship.
She is the second Muskego athlete to sign with a school from the Midwest Athletic Conference, as Renee Bennett agreed to attend and play basketball for Ball State University.
O'Connor plans to major in physical therapy.
O'Connor made first-team all-Classic 8 Conference and third-team all-state this season for the Warriors. She led team in kills with 312 and also totaled 73 blocks.
She also plays club volleyball for the Wisconsin Juniors in Kenosha.
- Dachowski's hot bat helps propel Muskego softball team to three victories
- Muskego's Kotarak flies high as freshman in MSOE track and field
- Muskego girls track team notches top-five finishes at Brookfield East, West Allis Hale meets
- Strong pitching helps boost Muskego softball team to top of Classic 8 Conference standings
- Muskego girls soccer team led by strong veteran defense
- Longtime teammates Wagner, Farner led Muskego boys basketball team to state
- Capes led Muskego boys basketball team out of struggles to state championship game
- Muskego girls basketball team surged back to .500 level in 2015-16 season
- Turnaround for Muskego boys basketball team reached new heights in 2015-16 season
- Muskego girls basketball team surged back to .500 mark in 2015-16 season