New Berlin - The New Berlin West girls basketball team lost some key players to graduation, but coach Corey Scheel still has plenty of talent returning from an 18-7 team, which finished second (15-3) in what was then the Woodland Conference - Blue Division.
The Vikings are now in the revamped Woodland-West Division.
"We bring back some very strong senior leadership," Scheel said. "These seniors will be counted on to help bring along the new, young talent."
Leading the senior returnees will be Beth Ver Haagh, the top scorer (10.4 points, 3.7 rebounds), Anne Kaczynski, their top three-point shooter, Lizzie Kuhl and Rachel Gasper. They will have to make up the loss of Shannon Burke and Becca Gasper.
Scheel said that seniors Ana Liska and Alison Kuhn and juniors Anne Radtke, Kia Richards and Cheyenne Pasdera, sophomore Nicole Holstein and Ali Boldt and freshman Claire Radtke and Sarah Meleski are others to watch.
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego wrestlers drop pair of dual meets to Fort Atkinson, Lasers
- Muskego boys swimming team falls to Brookfield combined in dual meet
- Muskego boys basketball team racks up two more Classic 8 victories
- Offense solid, but Muskego girls basketball team loses Classic 8 games
- Sport Shorts: Dec, 18, 2014
- Kettle Moraine hands Muskego boys basketball team its first loss
- Muskego wrestling team routs West, captures 17th place at Bay Port
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 11, 2014
- Muskego wrestlers open with dual-meet loss, seventh place in invitational
- Muskego boys swimming team falls to powerful Arrowhead in dual meet