New Berlin - The New Berlin West girls basketball team lost some key players to graduation, but coach Corey Scheel still has plenty of talent returning from an 18-7 team, which finished second (15-3) in what was then the Woodland Conference - Blue Division.
The Vikings are now in the revamped Woodland-West Division.
"We bring back some very strong senior leadership," Scheel said. "These seniors will be counted on to help bring along the new, young talent."
Leading the senior returnees will be Beth Ver Haagh, the top scorer (10.4 points, 3.7 rebounds), Anne Kaczynski, their top three-point shooter, Lizzie Kuhl and Rachel Gasper. They will have to make up the loss of Shannon Burke and Becca Gasper.
Scheel said that seniors Ana Liska and Alison Kuhn and juniors Anne Radtke, Kia Richards and Cheyenne Pasdera, sophomore Nicole Holstein and Ali Boldt and freshman Claire Radtke and Sarah Meleski are others to watch.
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baseball: Muskego ousts defending champion West in regional baseball contest
- Late rally gives Muskego baseball team much-needed victory in finale
- Muskego baseball team stays alive in Classic 8 Conference title chase
- Hailey Blount, Brianna Witter help Muskego to record-setting season
- Sports Notes: July 3
- Muskego baseball team's offense struggles for first time this year
- Muskego baseball team's bats continue to ring during 3-1 week
- Muskego girls soccer team stifled by DSHA in state semifinal contest
- Sports Shorts: June 19
- Hot hitting paces Muskego baseball team to strong start in 2014