Muskego - Megan Liebl, the Muskego High School swimming standout, had a number of reasons for choosing to attend Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Ga.
"The team members are nice, and they really care about each other," said Liebl, who recently signed a national letter of intent with Georgia Southern. "That reminds me of my (Muskego) team and my club team. It was just a great fit for me."
There was one other reason for her decision.
"I don't like winter, and it will be warmer there," she said.
Liebl seriously considered one other school, and it too features warm weather - Florida Gulf Coast.
She plans to major in exercise science, which she hopes could lead to a career in physical therapy.
Liebl enjoyed a successful career at Muskego, qualifying for the WIAA Division 1 State Meet all four years in the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke. She also earned several All-American and All-State honors over the years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East HOF induction set for May 30
- East's Libbey, Fisher win events
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- Muskego boys tennis team brings home South Milwaukee championship
- Muskego softball coach John Rosenberg posts 400th coaching victory
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015
- Muskego girls soccer team tips Catholic Memorial on Erin Bolskar's late penalty kick
- Muskego boys track team rises to second place at Waukesha North invite
- Muskego girls track and field team wins Wisconsin Lutheran Invitational