Muskego - Megan Liebl, the Muskego High School swimming standout, had a number of reasons for choosing to attend Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Ga.
"The team members are nice, and they really care about each other," said Liebl, who recently signed a national letter of intent with Georgia Southern. "That reminds me of my (Muskego) team and my club team. It was just a great fit for me."
There was one other reason for her decision.
"I don't like winter, and it will be warmer there," she said.
Liebl seriously considered one other school, and it too features warm weather - Florida Gulf Coast.
She plans to major in exercise science, which she hopes could lead to a career in physical therapy.
Liebl enjoyed a successful career at Muskego, qualifying for the WIAA Division 1 State Meet all four years in the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke. She also earned several All-American and All-State honors over the years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Quartullo, Price earn wrestling state places
- Co-op gymnasts aiming for fourth straight state title
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Muskego boys claim three swimming crowns at state
- Muskego advances four to state wrestling meet
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 27
- All-around dominance leads to title for Muskego co-op gymnasts
- Muskego swims to 11 state events
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 20
- Muskego co-op gymnasts among elite again after win