Muskego - Austin Quartullo and Connor Price both won their weight classes for the Muskego wrestling team at the Lake Geneva Badger Invitational on Saturday.
Quartullo went 4-0 in prevailing at 120 pounds. He posted a decision and pinned three opponents, including Dylan Hall of Wisconsin Rapids in 1 minute, 24 seconds in the final match.
Quartullo improved to 23-1 on the season.
Price (22-5) notched one decision and three major decisions at 152 pounds, capped by a 15-5 victory in the final over Brian Halverson of Iowa-Grant.
Brady McFarland claimed third place at 145, while fourths were taken by Jack Sarnowski at 106 and Ryan Honerlaw at 170.
Finishing fifth were Riley Wikel (138) and Ryan Borton (160) and sixths were secured by Vinny Nazario (113) and Taylor Pietrzak (126).
Connor Kretschmann was seventh at 138, while Jim Miller took eighth at 182 pounds.
Muskego tallied 125 points for fifth place in the 10-team field, which was led by Badger at 203½ points.
The Warriors also routed Kenosha Indian Trail, 58-22, in a nonconference dual meet on Jan. 9.
Winners were Honerlaw (pin in 1:22), Miller (pin in 3:36), Marty Alivo at heavyweight (pin in 2:37), Sarnowski (pin in 5:08), Quartullo (pin in 33 seconds), Cameron Rygiewicz at 132 (pin in 3:24), Wikel (pin in 37 seconds), McFarland (pin in 5:47), Price (pin in 3:11) and Borton (13-0 major decision).
The Warriors visit Kettle Moraine at 7:15 p.m. Jan. 17 for a Classic 8 Conference dual meet.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego boys tennis team moves up to fourth place in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego softball team settles for share of Classic 8 Conference crown
- Tosa East HOF induction set for May 30
- East's Libbey, Fisher win events
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- Muskego boys tennis team brings home South Milwaukee championship
- Muskego softball coach John Rosenberg posts 400th coaching victory
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015
- Muskego girls soccer team tips Catholic Memorial on Erin Bolskar's late penalty kick