Muskego - Austin Quartullo and Connor Price both won their weight classes for the Muskego wrestling team at the Lake Geneva Badger Invitational on Saturday.
Quartullo went 4-0 in prevailing at 120 pounds. He posted a decision and pinned three opponents, including Dylan Hall of Wisconsin Rapids in 1 minute, 24 seconds in the final match.
Quartullo improved to 23-1 on the season.
Price (22-5) notched one decision and three major decisions at 152 pounds, capped by a 15-5 victory in the final over Brian Halverson of Iowa-Grant.
Brady McFarland claimed third place at 145, while fourths were taken by Jack Sarnowski at 106 and Ryan Honerlaw at 170.
Finishing fifth were Riley Wikel (138) and Ryan Borton (160) and sixths were secured by Vinny Nazario (113) and Taylor Pietrzak (126).
Connor Kretschmann was seventh at 138, while Jim Miller took eighth at 182 pounds.
Muskego tallied 125 points for fifth place in the 10-team field, which was led by Badger at 203½ points.
The Warriors also routed Kenosha Indian Trail, 58-22, in a nonconference dual meet on Jan. 9.
Winners were Honerlaw (pin in 1:22), Miller (pin in 3:36), Marty Alivo at heavyweight (pin in 2:37), Sarnowski (pin in 5:08), Quartullo (pin in 33 seconds), Cameron Rygiewicz at 132 (pin in 3:24), Wikel (pin in 37 seconds), McFarland (pin in 5:47), Price (pin in 3:11) and Borton (13-0 major decision).
The Warriors visit Kettle Moraine at 7:15 p.m. Jan. 17 for a Classic 8 Conference dual meet.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Poll: Will Catholic Memorial or Muskego win in Week 7 matchup?
- Defense helps Muskego football team in 42-7 rout of Waukesha North
- Sports Shorts: Oct. 2, 2014
- Young Muskego boys soccer team finding its footing in 2014
- Muskego girls cross country team claims crown at own invitational
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 25, 2014 issue
- Muskego's Eric Hess named Wisconsin Boys Soccer Coach of the Year
- Lauren Stigler wins 100 breaststroke for Muskego at Waukesha South
- Muskego girls cross country team finishes fifth in Marquette Invite