Muskego - Austin Quartullo and Connor Price both won their weight classes for the Muskego wrestling team at the Lake Geneva Badger Invitational on Saturday.
Quartullo went 4-0 in prevailing at 120 pounds. He posted a decision and pinned three opponents, including Dylan Hall of Wisconsin Rapids in 1 minute, 24 seconds in the final match.
Quartullo improved to 23-1 on the season.
Price (22-5) notched one decision and three major decisions at 152 pounds, capped by a 15-5 victory in the final over Brian Halverson of Iowa-Grant.
Brady McFarland claimed third place at 145, while fourths were taken by Jack Sarnowski at 106 and Ryan Honerlaw at 170.
Finishing fifth were Riley Wikel (138) and Ryan Borton (160) and sixths were secured by Vinny Nazario (113) and Taylor Pietrzak (126).
Connor Kretschmann was seventh at 138, while Jim Miller took eighth at 182 pounds.
Muskego tallied 125 points for fifth place in the 10-team field, which was led by Badger at 203½ points.
The Warriors also routed Kenosha Indian Trail, 58-22, in a nonconference dual meet on Jan. 9.
Winners were Honerlaw (pin in 1:22), Miller (pin in 3:36), Marty Alivo at heavyweight (pin in 2:37), Sarnowski (pin in 5:08), Quartullo (pin in 33 seconds), Cameron Rygiewicz at 132 (pin in 3:24), Wikel (pin in 37 seconds), McFarland (pin in 5:47), Price (pin in 3:11) and Borton (13-0 major decision).
The Warriors visit Kettle Moraine at 7:15 p.m. Jan. 17 for a Classic 8 Conference dual meet.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Strong cast of veterans will boost Muskego girls basketball team in 2015-16 season
- Muskego boys basketball team tries to follow up on successful season
- Muskego's Stigler captures WIAA state swimming championship in breaststroke
- Muskego's football success built upon solid foundation
- Franklin football team stuns Muskego
- Muskego sends 10 qualifiers to state swimming championships
- Muskego boys volleyball team drops tough match to Racine Case in regional dual meet
- Football: Franklin football team makes statement with rout of Muskego, 42-15
- Muskego boys cross-country squad runs to 18th place in WIAA Division 1 State Meet
- Muskego's Jochims captures 10th place at WIAA Division 1 state cross-country meet