The New Berlin Marlins beat Wauwatosa West, 113-70, on Jan. 23 at New Berlin West and then finished fourth out of 10 teams at the Bob White Invitational on Saturday at Wauwatosa West.
The Marlins earned 10 first-place finishes, including three relays and two double individual winners, in the Woodland Conference win over Tosa West to begin the week.
Zach Solie won the 200-yard freestyle in 1 minute, 54.49 seconds and the 100 free in 51.22. Matthew Olenchek captured the 100 butterfly (58.14) and the 100 breaststroke (1:08.47).
Jackson Wannamaker won the 500 free (5:23.38) and was second in the 50 free (24.96) and Taylor Petrauski won the 200 backstroke (56.35) and was second in the Petrauski in 200 individual medley (2:14.57).
Zach Stoltenburg was the other individual winner in the 1-meter diving with 157.95 points.
The 200 medley relay of Petrauski, Olenchek, Sam Nigbur and Stoltenburg (1:47.46); the 400 free of Solie, Petrauski, Wannamaker and Olenchek (3:30.86) and the 200 free relay of Solie, Stoltenburg, Nigbur and Wannamaker (1:37.47) were the other winners.
"It is always helpful to earn a win at the end of the season" Marlins coach Becky Young said. "Hopefully we can use this momentum as the end of the season approaches."
Brookfield won the Bob White Invite on Saturday with 476 points, finishing ahead of Waukesha North/Kettle Moraine (347.5), Greenfield/Greendale (291) and the Marlins (251).
"This was a tough meet and I am happy with the way the boys swam," Young said.
The Marlins had 12 top-nine finishes, led by second-place performances from Petrauski in the 100 back (57.01), Olenchek in the 200 free (1:51.58) and Zolie in both the 100 free (49.84) and the 500 free (49.84).
The 400 free relay of Solie, Petrauski, Wannamaker and Olenchek (3:25.94) and the 200 medley relay of Petrauski, Olenchek, Nigbur and Solie (1:45.68) each took third place.
Zolie was also fourth in the 50 free (23.06), Stoltenburg was sixth in 1-meter diving (277.60) and Wannamaker placed sixth in 500 free (5:23.57) and ninth in the 200 free (2:00.54).
The other two finishes came from the 200 free relay of Nigbur, Devin Hetzel, Stoltenburg and Wannamaker, who were seventh (1:41.19) and Petrauski, who was ninth in the 200 IM (2:14.40).
- Dachowski's hot bat helps propel Muskego softball team to three victories
- Muskego's Kotarak flies high as freshman in MSOE track and field
- Muskego girls track team notches top-five finishes at Brookfield East, West Allis Hale meets
- Strong pitching helps boost Muskego softball team to top of Classic 8 Conference standings
- Muskego girls soccer team led by strong veteran defense
- Longtime teammates Wagner, Farner led Muskego boys basketball team to state
- Capes led Muskego boys basketball team out of struggles to state championship game
- Muskego girls basketball team surged back to .500 level in 2015-16 season
- Turnaround for Muskego boys basketball team reached new heights in 2015-16 season
- Muskego girls basketball team surged back to .500 mark in 2015-16 season