Despite a pair of individual first places from senior Jon Roberts and junior Tom Stigler, the Muskego boys swimming team lost its season opener, a 93-92 dual defeat at the hands of Arrowhead on Dec. 5.
Roberts won the 50-yard freestyle in 21.98 seconds and the 100 freestyle with 48.5. Stigler captured the 200 individual medley with 2 minutes, 0.86 seconds and the 100 breaststroke at 1:01.04.
Also winning were senior Joe Szczupakiewicz in the 200 freestyle with 1:44.58, the 200 medley relay in 1:38.45 and the 400 freestyle relay at 3:19.62. Roberts, Stigler and Szczupakiewicz all swam on both relays.
The Warriors should have another strong team this season, as they return several swimmers with WIAA Division 1 state experience.
Last season, Szczupakiewicz claimed the state championship in the 500 freestyle, while Roberts took second in the 100 freestyle and third in the 50 freestyle. Stigler also competed at state.
Muskego next competes in a non-conference dual meet against Pius XI at home at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego boys tennis team moves up to fourth place in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego softball team settles for share of Classic 8 Conference crown
- Tosa East HOF induction set for May 30
- East's Libbey, Fisher win events
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- Muskego boys tennis team brings home South Milwaukee championship
- Muskego softball coach John Rosenberg posts 400th coaching victory
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015
- Muskego girls soccer team tips Catholic Memorial on Erin Bolskar's late penalty kick