The Warriors snapped a five-game losing streak and defeated Waukesha South, 69-49, on Friday at home.
Muskego trailed after one quarter (15-12), but tied the game at halftime (29-29). The Warriors then took over the game, doubling up the score (40-20) to win going away. They led, 50-41, after three quarters and went out with a 19-8 final period.
Turner Kehoe led the way with 18 points, which included two 3-pointers, while Brandon Glandt added 12 and Cal Schultz had 10, including two 3-pointers.
In other action, Brandon Glandt scored 20 points and Mike Vidmar 13 points, but the Warriors still fell to Arrowhead 66-60 on Jan. 15.
The Warriors were down 25-23 at the half and 45-37 after three quarters. The game remained tight early in the fourth period but Muskego was hurt by mistakes.
"We struggled with free throw shooting and turnovers down the stretch," head coach Andy Capes said.
The Warriors lost by 10 points or less for the sixth time this season.
Muskego visits Waukesha West at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 24 and Kettle Moraine at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 28.
— Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego baseball team enjoys memorable season
- Baseball: Whitnall baseball team uses big fifth inning to stun Muskego in regional title contest
- Muskego baseball team clinches Classic 8 Conference championship
- Muskego's Annika Graves leads softball team at the plate, in the field
- Muskego baseball team keeps stringing together victories
- Muskego baseball team finds more ways to win games
- Muskego's Glandt tallies 19 points in Division 1 all-star basketball game
- Muskego baseball team keeps on rolling in Classic 8 Conference action
- Kettle Moraine edges Muskego in WIAA Division 1 girls state semifinal soccer contest
- Muskego girls soccer team heads to state for second straight season