The Warriors snapped a five-game losing streak and defeated Waukesha South, 69-49, on Friday at home.
Muskego trailed after one quarter (15-12), but tied the game at halftime (29-29). The Warriors then took over the game, doubling up the score (40-20) to win going away. They led, 50-41, after three quarters and went out with a 19-8 final period.
Turner Kehoe led the way with 18 points, which included two 3-pointers, while Brandon Glandt added 12 and Cal Schultz had 10, including two 3-pointers.
In other action, Brandon Glandt scored 20 points and Mike Vidmar 13 points, but the Warriors still fell to Arrowhead 66-60 on Jan. 15.
The Warriors were down 25-23 at the half and 45-37 after three quarters. The game remained tight early in the fourth period but Muskego was hurt by mistakes.
"We struggled with free throw shooting and turnovers down the stretch," head coach Andy Capes said.
The Warriors lost by 10 points or less for the sixth time this season.
Muskego visits Waukesha West at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 24 and Kettle Moraine at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 28.
— Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Strong cast of veterans will boost Muskego girls basketball team in 2015-16 season
- Muskego boys basketball team tries to follow up on successful season
- Muskego's Stigler captures WIAA state swimming championship in breaststroke
- Muskego's football success built upon solid foundation
- Franklin football team stuns Muskego
- Muskego sends 10 qualifiers to state swimming championships
- Muskego boys volleyball team drops tough match to Racine Case in regional dual meet
- Football: Franklin football team makes statement with rout of Muskego, 42-15
- Muskego boys cross-country squad runs to 18th place in WIAA Division 1 State Meet
- Muskego's Jochims captures 10th place at WIAA Division 1 state cross-country meet