The Warriors snapped a five-game losing streak and defeated Waukesha South, 69-49, on Friday at home.
Muskego trailed after one quarter (15-12), but tied the game at halftime (29-29). The Warriors then took over the game, doubling up the score (40-20) to win going away. They led, 50-41, after three quarters and went out with a 19-8 final period.
Turner Kehoe led the way with 18 points, which included two 3-pointers, while Brandon Glandt added 12 and Cal Schultz had 10, including two 3-pointers.
In other action, Brandon Glandt scored 20 points and Mike Vidmar 13 points, but the Warriors still fell to Arrowhead 66-60 on Jan. 15.
The Warriors were down 25-23 at the half and 45-37 after three quarters. The game remained tight early in the fourth period but Muskego was hurt by mistakes.
"We struggled with free throw shooting and turnovers down the stretch," head coach Andy Capes said.
The Warriors lost by 10 points or less for the sixth time this season.
Muskego visits Waukesha West at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 24 and Kettle Moraine at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 28.
— Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Mukwonago stages another Level 2 surprise
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 2
- Muskego boys cross country team advances to state for 7th time
- Muskego and New Berlin Sports Shorts: Oct. 30, 2014
- Football: Muskego wins convincingly over Manitowoc
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 1
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Muskego boys volleyball team captures Classic 8 dual-meet championship
- Muskego football team clobbers Mukwonago, earns share of conference title