Jon Roberts and Joe Szczupakiewicz took part in three event championships to pace the Muskego boys swimming team to second place in the Classic 8/Greater Metro Conference Meet on Saturday.
The Warriors tallied 357 points to trail only champion Arrowhead with 529 1/2 points. Brookfield claimed third with 349 1/2 points.
"Arrowhead once again showed the depth it has displayed all season," head coach Larry Milton said.
Muskego will now get ready for a WIAA Division 1 sectional meet at 1 p.m. Saturday at Greenfield High School.
"We will have to focus on maintaining our work ethic and believe in ourselves," Milton continued. "The fact is we have only one chance to qualify for the state meet. I believe we can sneak a few guys through with some rest."
Szczupakiewicz won both the 200-yard freestyle with 1 minute, 45.05 seconds and the 500 freestyle at 4:43.41, while Roberts captured both the 50 freestyle in 21.38 seconds and the 100 freestyle with 46.97.
Both teamed with Joe Paquette and Thomas Stigler to win the 200 medley relay at 1:39.24.
Stigler took second in the 100 breaststroke at 1:01.31 and third in the 200 individual medley with 2:02.02. Also finishing third was the 400 freestyle team of Paquette, Stigler, Szczupakiewicz and Roberts with 3:15.5.
Drew Borland took fifth in the 500 freestyle (5:06.13) and Paquette finished sixth in the 100 butterfly (56.25).
Borland captured seventh in the 100 butterfly (56.73), and eighths were claimed by Paquette in the 100 backstroke (56.44), Mike Bellart in diving (245.95 points), the 200 medley relay of Tyler Schrank, Ivan Couch, Borland and Matt Gilson (1:47.35) and the 200 freestyle relay of Clayton Cesarz, Couch, Joe Mioduszewski and Jack Sterner (1:38.06).
Finishing ninth were Couch in the 100 breaststroke (1:04.94) and the 400 freestyle relay of Schrank, Gilson, Cesarz and Borland (3:31.52).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego boys cross country team collects medals at Kenosha Tremper Invitational
- Muskego girls tennis team wins invitational, dual meet in busy week
- Muskego girls swimming team opens season with victory in Falcon Funfest
- Muskego football team's defense shines in easy opening victory
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Muskego Warriors
- Defense could step forward for Muskego football team this season
- Muskego girls tennis team opens season with victory
- Muskego Impact earns split of four-game week in Land O' Lakes action
- Wagner plays big role for Muskego's Classic 8 champion baseball team
- Muskego baseball team enjoys memorable season