Muskego girls notch first basketball win in regional
Warriors topple Indian Trail before falling to Janesville Craig
Hannah Kath tallied 17 points and Vicki Jansen 10 points as the Muskego girls basketball team downed Kenosha Indian Trail 54-33 in a WIAA Division 1 regional contest March 4.
The victory was the first of the season for the Warriors, who had lost 13 games by 10 points or less this season.
This time, Muskego took control early, outscoring Indian Trail 26-12 in the first half. The Warriors then wrapped up the game with a 16-4 fourth period.
Chelsey Witkowiak added eight points and Dani Abella seven points for Muskego.
On Friday night, Muskego faced top seed Janesville Craig and was again competitive before falling 46-35.
The Warriors fell behind 16-4 after one quarter but then steadied and played Craig basically evenly the rest of the way.
Kath scored 11 points, Emily Schulte 10 and Abella nine points for the Warriors. Alison Hughes collected 18 points for Craig, which improved to 20-4 and will face Mukwonago in a sectional game March 13.
Kath, a freshman, led Muskego in scoring this season with 8.2 points per game and Schulte was next at 7.4.
— John Rech
- Mohler pitches Muskego softball team past Arrowhead to clinch share of Classic 8 championship
- Muskego boys tennis team takes seventh in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego girls soccer team claims Al Gusho Tournament championship
- Muskego girls track and field team takes third in Classic 8 Outdoor
- Muskego girls soccer team claims West Bend Tournament championship
- Muskego boys, girls track teams shine in Steinke Laser invitational
- Muskego girls track, field team wins three events, captures third in Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Dachowski's hot bat helps propel Muskego softball team to three victories
- Muskego's Kotarak flies high as freshman in MSOE track and field
- Muskego girls track team notches top-five finishes at Brookfield East, West Allis Hale meets