Muskego girls notch first basketball win in regional
Warriors topple Indian Trail before falling to Janesville Craig
Hannah Kath tallied 17 points and Vicki Jansen 10 points as the Muskego girls basketball team downed Kenosha Indian Trail 54-33 in a WIAA Division 1 regional contest March 4.
The victory was the first of the season for the Warriors, who had lost 13 games by 10 points or less this season.
This time, Muskego took control early, outscoring Indian Trail 26-12 in the first half. The Warriors then wrapped up the game with a 16-4 fourth period.
Chelsey Witkowiak added eight points and Dani Abella seven points for Muskego.
On Friday night, Muskego faced top seed Janesville Craig and was again competitive before falling 46-35.
The Warriors fell behind 16-4 after one quarter but then steadied and played Craig basically evenly the rest of the way.
Kath scored 11 points, Emily Schulte 10 and Abella nine points for the Warriors. Alison Hughes collected 18 points for Craig, which improved to 20-4 and will face Mukwonago in a sectional game March 13.
Kath, a freshman, led Muskego in scoring this season with 8.2 points per game and Schulte was next at 7.4.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rygiewicz, relay pace Muskego boys track team at league indoor
- Buy-in important for D3 champ Brown Deer hoops success
- Sport Shorts: April 9, 2015
- Brandon Glandt a vital cog in Muskego boys basketball team's machine
- Muskego's Jenna Lederman, Jerica Kotarak win track and field events at Racine Case Invitational
- Muskego boys track team captures second in Wisconsin Lutheran Invitational
- Sports Notes: March 26, 2015
- Muskego girls basketball team make strides during 2014-15 season
- Strong balance, teamwork key for Muskego boys basketball team in 2014-15
- Franklin, Muskego, Oak Creek, Whitnall gymnasts take second in state meet