The Muskego Stars boys 17 club volleyball team won its own Shoot for the Stars Tournament two weeks ago for its second tourney title this season.
The Stars also won the Sync Volleyball Club Tournament in Schaumburg, Ill., and took second in the Adversity Club Tournament in Vernon Hills, Ill. The team was also third in the Molten Boys Fest in Waukesha.
In the Shoot for the Stars event, Luke Arndt of Muskego High School led the attack with 34 kills and a .470 hitting percentage. Tyler Brown and Austin Kuchenbecker, both of Muskego, smashed 23 and 13 kills, respectively, for .381 and .370 hitting percentages. Kuchenbecker also led the team in solo blocks with 10.
Ryan Potts of New Berlin United collected 14 digs and high school teammate Tyler Obradovich chipped in with seven kills and four blocks.
Matt Pedersen of Muskego dished out 84 assists and led the Stars with four service aces, while Andrew Boster of Muskego solidified the defense with nine blocks and seven aces.
Other team members are Quinn Arndt, Tony D'Acquisto and Blake Baranowski. The team was coached by Pat Starken.
The Stars next compete at the Badger Region Championship in Milwaukee this weekend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: March 5, 2015
- FMOW gymnasts win sectional with season-best score
- Muskego's Brady McFarland places sixth in WIAA state wrestling tournament
- Muskego eighth-grade basketball team goes unbeaten in league play
- Muskego's Stigler places third in breaststroke to key swimmers at state meet
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 26, 2015
- Muskego boys wrap up undisputed Classic 8 Conference basketball championship
- Scholz, Balcerak win conference gymnastics titles for Franklin-Muskego-Oak Creek-Whitnall
- Muskego wrestler Brady McFarland reaches WIAA Division 1 State Meet
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 19, 2015