The Muskego Stars boys 17 club volleyball team won its own Shoot for the Stars Tournament two weeks ago for its second tourney title this season.
The Stars also won the Sync Volleyball Club Tournament in Schaumburg, Ill., and took second in the Adversity Club Tournament in Vernon Hills, Ill. The team was also third in the Molten Boys Fest in Waukesha.
In the Shoot for the Stars event, Luke Arndt of Muskego High School led the attack with 34 kills and a .470 hitting percentage. Tyler Brown and Austin Kuchenbecker, both of Muskego, smashed 23 and 13 kills, respectively, for .381 and .370 hitting percentages. Kuchenbecker also led the team in solo blocks with 10.
Ryan Potts of New Berlin United collected 14 digs and high school teammate Tyler Obradovich chipped in with seven kills and four blocks.
Matt Pedersen of Muskego dished out 84 assists and led the Stars with four service aces, while Andrew Boster of Muskego solidified the defense with nine blocks and seven aces.
Other team members are Quinn Arndt, Tony D'Acquisto and Blake Baranowski. The team was coached by Pat Starken.
The Stars next compete at the Badger Region Championship in Milwaukee this weekend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Tobin, Finke, White sign with Division 1 football colleges
- Muskego wrestling team claims three championships, second place in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego skiers finish third, fourth in Little Switzerland race
- Franklin, Muskego, Oak Creek, Whitnall gymnasts flex muscles with Madison win
- Muskego boys basketball team falls to Arrowhead, later regains sole lead in Classic 8
- Muskego wrestlers prepare for tournament season with dual-meet victory over Arrowhead
- Muskego girls skiers win another Midwest High School race
- Strong effort gives Muskego wrestling team sixth place at Zelinski Duals
- Muskego boys basketball team holds on to top Waukesha North, maintain Classic 8 Conference lead
- Muskego girls skiers claim two first places in high school meets