Junior Morgan Kath won a pair of events as the Muskego girls track and field team opened its season by taking second in the Rapid Force Indoor Invitational at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside on Saturday.
Kath claimed the high jump with a meet-record 5 feet 3 inches. Her effort topped the old mark of 5-2 set in 2013.
She also ran with junior Morgan Marek, sophomore Jenna Lederman and junior Jamie Kvasnicka to place first in the 4x400-meter relay at a meet-record 4 minutes, 13.05 seconds. That easily beat the old record of 4:18.01 set in 2013.
Junior Jerica Kotarak provided Muskego's other first, capturing the long jump with 17-91/2, another meet record. That edged the previous standard of 17-83/4, set in 2012.
The firsts helped the Warriors snare second as a team with 74 points, trailing Arrowhead's 94 points.
The Muskego boys, who finished fourth with 42 points, had one first place as junior Alex Hauke prevailed in the shot put with 45-8.
Taking second for the girls were Kvasnicka in the long jump (16-81/2), giving the Warriors the top two spots in that event, and senior Lauren Kudronowicz in the shot put (33-23/4).
Finishing second for the boys were senior Mitch Kwapick in the 1,600 run (4:28.02) and the 4x200 relay unit of senior Noah Kairis, junior Cameron Rygkiewicz, sophomore Grant LeGros and senior Matt Little (1:37.26).
Freshman Abigail Missiaen took third in the 55 low hurdles (9.48 seconds), while senior Marissa Wendtland was fourth in the 55 hurdles (9.54).
Lederman snared fifth in the 1,600 run (5:23.26) for the girls, while the boys took four fifths: sophomore Keith Kamer in the 200 dash (24.52), sophomore Josh Deakin in the 3,200 run (10:19.43), the 4x800 group of junior Alex Graziano, senior Joe Prekop, sophomore Nick Salo and junior Dan Matusinec (9:02.62) and the 4x400 squad of Graziano, Prekop, Matusinec and Kwapick (3:46.08).
Claiming sixth for the girls were freshman Savannah Rygiewicz in the 200 dash (28.58) and sophomore Mikaela Zolecki in the shot put (31-81/4).
Placing seventh were junior Breanna Frey in the 55 dash (7.75), Marek in the 400 dash (1:04.4) and the 4x200 unit of juniors Vicki Jansen, Morgan Buss, Anna Egan and Frey (1:57.51). Freshman Taylor Tabbert captured eighth in the 400 dash (1:04.96).
- Muskego girls track, field team wins three events, captures third in Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Dachowski's hot bat helps propel Muskego softball team to three victories
- Muskego's Kotarak flies high as freshman in MSOE track and field
- Muskego girls track team notches top-five finishes at Brookfield East, West Allis Hale meets
- Strong pitching helps boost Muskego softball team to top of Classic 8 Conference standings
- Muskego girls soccer team led by strong veteran defense
- Longtime teammates Wagner, Farner led Muskego boys basketball team to state
- Capes led Muskego boys basketball team out of struggles to state championship game
- Muskego girls basketball team surged back to .500 level in 2015-16 season
- Turnaround for Muskego boys basketball team reached new heights in 2015-16 season