Senior forward Alyssa Kohanowski tallied three goals and sophomore goalkeeper Madelyn Runyan posted a pair of shutouts as the Muskego girls soccer team won its own invitational.
The Warriors blanked Green Bay Preble 2-0 on Saturday and Kenosha Indian Trail 4-0 on Friday to finish 2-0 for six points. Verona was second with a 1-0-1 mark for four points.
This was the first time Muskego had won its season-opening invitational, said head coach Eric Hess.
Kohanowski scored three times and senior midfielder Angela Jasper once against Indian Trail, and the Warriors defense made things easy for Runyan in goal.
"Indian Trail had a shot in the first minute for Madelyn's only save and its only shot," Hess said. "Otherwise, we dominated possession. Our second-half possession was 85 to 15 percent. Indian Trail never possessed the ball in our defensive half in the second half."
Against Preble, the Warriors tallied in the second minute on a rebound shot and again in the 12th minute. The names of the goal-scorers were not available.
Runyan made six saves as the defense never let Preble into the 18-yard box except for corner kicks, Hess said.
Muskego opened the season with a 2-0 loss to Menononee Falls on April 1.
The Warriors will visit Waterford at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 10, and travel to Mukwonago at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Stigler places third in breaststroke to key swimmers at state meet
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 26, 2015
- Muskego boys wrap up undisputed Classic 8 Conference basketball championship
- Scholz, Balcerak win conference gymnastics titles for Franklin-Muskego-Oak Creek-Whitnall
- Muskego wrestler Brady McFarland reaches WIAA Division 1 State Meet
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 19, 2015
- Muskego boys advance eight swimmers to WIAA state meet
- Muskego boys basketball team claims share of Classic 8 championship
- Boys basketball: Muskego clinches tie for Classic 8 boys basketball title
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 12, 2015