Senior forward Alyssa Kohanowski tallied three goals and sophomore goalkeeper Madelyn Runyan posted a pair of shutouts as the Muskego girls soccer team won its own invitational.
The Warriors blanked Green Bay Preble 2-0 on Saturday and Kenosha Indian Trail 4-0 on Friday to finish 2-0 for six points. Verona was second with a 1-0-1 mark for four points.
This was the first time Muskego had won its season-opening invitational, said head coach Eric Hess.
Kohanowski scored three times and senior midfielder Angela Jasper once against Indian Trail, and the Warriors defense made things easy for Runyan in goal.
"Indian Trail had a shot in the first minute for Madelyn's only save and its only shot," Hess said. "Otherwise, we dominated possession. Our second-half possession was 85 to 15 percent. Indian Trail never possessed the ball in our defensive half in the second half."
Against Preble, the Warriors tallied in the second minute on a rebound shot and again in the 12th minute. The names of the goal-scorers were not available.
Runyan made six saves as the defense never let Preble into the 18-yard box except for corner kicks, Hess said.
Muskego opened the season with a 2-0 loss to Menononee Falls on April 1.
The Warriors will visit Waterford at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 10, and travel to Mukwonago at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 15.
- Mohler pitches Muskego softball team past Arrowhead to clinch share of Classic 8 championship
- Muskego boys tennis team takes seventh in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego girls soccer team claims Al Gusho Tournament championship
- Muskego girls track and field team takes third in Classic 8 Outdoor
- Muskego girls soccer team claims West Bend Tournament championship
- Muskego boys, girls track teams shine in Steinke Laser invitational
- Muskego girls track, field team wins three events, captures third in Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Dachowski's hot bat helps propel Muskego softball team to three victories
- Muskego's Kotarak flies high as freshman in MSOE track and field
- Muskego girls track team notches top-five finishes at Brookfield East, West Allis Hale meets