Behind five individual victories, the Muskego girls track team won the Franklin Saber Indoor Invitational at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside on Friday.
Winners were Georgi Llanas in the 3,200-meter run at 11 minutes, 53.14 seconds; Morgan Kath in the 400 dash with 1:01.82; Marissa Wendlandt in the 55 hurdles at 9.25 seconds; Jenna Lederman in the 800 run with 2:24.76; and Mikaela Zolecki in the shot put with 34 feet, 1 inch.
Those first places helped lift Muskego to the meet championship with 105 points, topping Milwaukee Riverside with 64 points and Westosha Central with 58 points in the 13-team meet.
Taking second were Abigail Missiaen in the 55 hurdles (9.26), Kath in the high jump (4-10) and the 4x400-meter relay unit (4:21.18).
Jamie Kvasnicka claimed third in the 400 dash (1:04.73) and fourths were snared by Lexie Tremble in the 1,600 run (5:48.28), Morgan Marek in the 800 run (2:29.64) and Johna Radke in the high jump (4-10).
Lauren Kudronowicz finished fifth in the shot put (31-101/2), and sixths went to Leanna Barr in the 800 run (2:34.05) and Kvasnicka in the 200 dash (28.72).
Madison Francis rounded out the scoring with eighth in the 1,600 run (5:58.98).
The Muskego girls were also in the Lady Spartan Invitational at Brookfield East on April 9 and tallied 1251/2 points for third place.
Lederman prevailed in the 400 dash (1:00.79) and three relay teams won: the 4x200 group of Kath, Kvasnicka, Jerica Kotarak and Anna Egan (1:47.56); the 4x400 group of Barr, Marek, Kath and Britany Glaeser (4:13.08); and the 4x800 unit of Barr, Marek, Lederman and Tremble (10:00.97).
Finishing second were Wendlandt in the 300 hurdles (48.52), Kudronowicz in the high jump (5-0) and Kvasnicka in the long jump (15-3).
Taking third were Missiaen in the triple jump (32-5) and Kudronowicz in the shot put (34-91/2) and fourths were claimed by Egan in the 200 dash (28.45), Llanas in the 1,600 run (5:36.67), Missiaen in the 100 hurdles (17.47), Zolecki in the shot put (33-5) and the 4x100 unit of Taylor Tabbert, Savannah Rygiewicz, Glaeser and Radke (54.49).
The Warriors scored 31 points for eighth place in the Franklin Saber Indoor meet, which was won by Racine Park with 103 points.
The 4x800 unit placed second (8:35.34) and Alex Hauke third in the shot put (45-93/4). Taking fifth were Ethan Kern in the 400 dash (55.22), Cameron Rygiewicz in the 55 dash (6.86) and the 4x200 relay team (1:38.05).
Joe Prekop captured sixth in the 400 dash (55.52) and Sam Sadowski seventh in the high jump (5-6).
The Warriors then tallied 21 points for sixth place in the rain-shortened West Allis Hale Mondo Invitational on Saturday.
The 4x200 relay team of Matt Little, Ayden Malcomson, Grant LeGros and Noah Kairis finished first (1:33.19), while the 4x800 unit of Nic Blommel, Trevor Bednarek, Evan Seghers and Dan Matusinec took fourth (8:40.59).
Josh Deakin came in sixth in the 1,600 run (4:45.36) and Jacob Arndt sixth in the discus (117-0).
- Muskego's Wagner shines with the stars in both basketball and baseball (1)
- Muskego wins twice, extends lead in Classic 8 Conference baseball race
- Improving pitching backs up big bats for red-hot Muskego baseball team
- Muskego soccer team downed by Divine Savior Holy Angels at state tournament
- Muskego rugby squad falls to Madison Exiles in state playoffs
- Offense leads the way for Muskego baseball team in season's early going
- Muskego girls soccer team secures third straight trip to state tournament
- Muskego Youth Baseball Association helps Wagner with trip to State All-Star Classic
- Muskego's Polivka earns tie for sixth place at WIAA Division 1 State Golf Meet
- Muskego boys continue success in relays at WIAA D1 State Track and Field Meet