Behind five individual victories, the Muskego girls track team won the Franklin Saber Indoor Invitational at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside on Friday.
Winners were Georgi Llanas in the 3,200-meter run at 11 minutes, 53.14 seconds; Morgan Kath in the 400 dash with 1:01.82; Marissa Wendlandt in the 55 hurdles at 9.25 seconds; Jenna Lederman in the 800 run with 2:24.76; and Mikaela Zolecki in the shot put with 34 feet, 1 inch.
Those first places helped lift Muskego to the meet championship with 105 points, topping Milwaukee Riverside with 64 points and Westosha Central with 58 points in the 13-team meet.
Taking second were Abigail Missiaen in the 55 hurdles (9.26), Kath in the high jump (4-10) and the 4x400-meter relay unit (4:21.18).
Jamie Kvasnicka claimed third in the 400 dash (1:04.73) and fourths were snared by Lexie Tremble in the 1,600 run (5:48.28), Morgan Marek in the 800 run (2:29.64) and Johna Radke in the high jump (4-10).
Lauren Kudronowicz finished fifth in the shot put (31-101/2), and sixths went to Leanna Barr in the 800 run (2:34.05) and Kvasnicka in the 200 dash (28.72).
Madison Francis rounded out the scoring with eighth in the 1,600 run (5:58.98).
The Muskego girls were also in the Lady Spartan Invitational at Brookfield East on April 9 and tallied 1251/2 points for third place.
Lederman prevailed in the 400 dash (1:00.79) and three relay teams won: the 4x200 group of Kath, Kvasnicka, Jerica Kotarak and Anna Egan (1:47.56); the 4x400 group of Barr, Marek, Kath and Britany Glaeser (4:13.08); and the 4x800 unit of Barr, Marek, Lederman and Tremble (10:00.97).
Finishing second were Wendlandt in the 300 hurdles (48.52), Kudronowicz in the high jump (5-0) and Kvasnicka in the long jump (15-3).
Taking third were Missiaen in the triple jump (32-5) and Kudronowicz in the shot put (34-91/2) and fourths were claimed by Egan in the 200 dash (28.45), Llanas in the 1,600 run (5:36.67), Missiaen in the 100 hurdles (17.47), Zolecki in the shot put (33-5) and the 4x100 unit of Taylor Tabbert, Savannah Rygiewicz, Glaeser and Radke (54.49).
The Warriors scored 31 points for eighth place in the Franklin Saber Indoor meet, which was won by Racine Park with 103 points.
The 4x800 unit placed second (8:35.34) and Alex Hauke third in the shot put (45-93/4). Taking fifth were Ethan Kern in the 400 dash (55.22), Cameron Rygiewicz in the 55 dash (6.86) and the 4x200 relay team (1:38.05).
Joe Prekop captured sixth in the 400 dash (55.52) and Sam Sadowski seventh in the high jump (5-6).
The Warriors then tallied 21 points for sixth place in the rain-shortened West Allis Hale Mondo Invitational on Saturday.
The 4x200 relay team of Matt Little, Ayden Malcomson, Grant LeGros and Noah Kairis finished first (1:33.19), while the 4x800 unit of Nic Blommel, Trevor Bednarek, Evan Seghers and Dan Matusinec took fourth (8:40.59).
Josh Deakin came in sixth in the 1,600 run (4:45.36) and Jacob Arndt sixth in the discus (117-0).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego boys swimmers secure top-half finish in Classic 8/Greater Metro Conference Meet
- Muskego's Tobin, Finke, White sign with Division 1 football colleges
- Muskego wrestling team claims three championships, second place in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego skiers finish third, fourth in Little Switzerland race
- Franklin, Muskego, Oak Creek, Whitnall gymnasts flex muscles with Madison win
- Muskego boys basketball team falls to Arrowhead, later regains sole lead in Classic 8
- Muskego wrestlers prepare for tournament season with dual-meet victory over Arrowhead
- Muskego girls skiers win another Midwest High School race
- Strong effort gives Muskego wrestling team sixth place at Zelinski Duals
- Muskego boys basketball team holds on to top Waukesha North, maintain Classic 8 Conference lead