Muskego softball team sweeps past West Allis Hale in doubleheader
Blount's pitching, solid hitting lead the way
The hot start continued for the Muskego softball team with a sweep of West Allis Hale in a doubleheader on April 26.
The Warriors downed the Huskies 13-3 and 5-2 at home to improve to 6-1 on the season. Their only loss coming into this week was a 2-1 decision against Arrowhead, and they have already won three games by double digits.
"The kids play well as a team," head coach John Rosenberg said. "They are a nice bunch of kids, and they get along well. They really like one another."
Delaney O'Keefe paced the offense in the first game against Hale (4-5) by driving in five runs. She belted a two-run double in a three-run fourth inning and a three-run triple to key a five-run sixth inning, which ended the contest on the 10-run lead rule.
Lizzie Terp went 2-for-3 with two RBIs, while Mary Holterman was 3-for-4 with a double and three RBIs for Muskego, which pounded out 12 hits.
Pitcher Hailey Blount allowed eight hits, striking out nine and walking just one in six innings.
In the second game, Christy Dachowski got things started for the Warriors with a two-run home run in the first inning. She finished 2-for-3 with three RBIs.
Annika Graves doubled in two runs in the fourth frame to provide Blount with some insurance.
The Warriors finished with just six hits, but Rosenberg thought that total could have been higher with a bit of luck.
"We hit some balls hard but right at them," he said.
Blount worked the complete game, allowing four hits with nine strikeouts and two walks. Both runs were unearned.
Weather permitting, Muskego will attempt to play seven games this week.
The Warriors (2-1 in the Classic 8 Conference) welcome Waukesha South for a doubleheader starting at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, May 1, then host Catholic Memorial at 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 2.
They will take part in the powerful Germantown Tournament beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 3. Muskego will face the host school, Greenfield and New Berlin Eisenhower, all strong teams.
The Warriors will then visit Waukesha West at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego boys cross country team collects medals at Kenosha Tremper Invitational
- Muskego girls tennis team wins invitational, dual meet in busy week
- Muskego girls swimming team opens season with victory in Falcon Funfest
- Muskego football team's defense shines in easy opening victory
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Muskego Warriors
- Defense could step forward for Muskego football team this season
- Muskego girls tennis team opens season with victory
- Muskego Impact earns split of four-game week in Land O' Lakes action
- Wagner plays big role for Muskego's Classic 8 champion baseball team
- Muskego baseball team enjoys memorable season