Muskego softball team sweeps past West Allis Hale in doubleheader
Blount's pitching, solid hitting lead the way
The hot start continued for the Muskego softball team with a sweep of West Allis Hale in a doubleheader on April 26.
The Warriors downed the Huskies 13-3 and 5-2 at home to improve to 6-1 on the season. Their only loss coming into this week was a 2-1 decision against Arrowhead, and they have already won three games by double digits.
"The kids play well as a team," head coach John Rosenberg said. "They are a nice bunch of kids, and they get along well. They really like one another."
Delaney O'Keefe paced the offense in the first game against Hale (4-5) by driving in five runs. She belted a two-run double in a three-run fourth inning and a three-run triple to key a five-run sixth inning, which ended the contest on the 10-run lead rule.
Lizzie Terp went 2-for-3 with two RBIs, while Mary Holterman was 3-for-4 with a double and three RBIs for Muskego, which pounded out 12 hits.
Pitcher Hailey Blount allowed eight hits, striking out nine and walking just one in six innings.
In the second game, Christy Dachowski got things started for the Warriors with a two-run home run in the first inning. She finished 2-for-3 with three RBIs.
Annika Graves doubled in two runs in the fourth frame to provide Blount with some insurance.
The Warriors finished with just six hits, but Rosenberg thought that total could have been higher with a bit of luck.
"We hit some balls hard but right at them," he said.
Blount worked the complete game, allowing four hits with nine strikeouts and two walks. Both runs were unearned.
Weather permitting, Muskego will attempt to play seven games this week.
The Warriors (2-1 in the Classic 8 Conference) welcome Waukesha South for a doubleheader starting at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, May 1, then host Catholic Memorial at 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 2.
They will take part in the powerful Germantown Tournament beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 3. Muskego will face the host school, Greenfield and New Berlin Eisenhower, all strong teams.
The Warriors will then visit Waukesha West at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Jenna Lederman, Jerica Kotarak win track and field events at Racine Case Invitational
- Muskego boys track team captures second in Wisconsin Lutheran Invitational
- Sports Notes: March 26, 2015
- Muskego girls basketball team make strides during 2014-15 season
- Strong balance, teamwork key for Muskego boys basketball team in 2014-15
- Franklin, Muskego, Oak Creek, Whitnall gymnasts take second in state meet
- Muskego boys basketball team sees season end in WIAA regional game
- Sport Shorts: March 5, 2015
- FMOW gymnasts win sectional with season-best score
- Muskego's Brady McFarland places sixth in WIAA state wrestling tournament