Muskego girls track snares second at Wisconsin Lutheran Viking Invitational
Jenna Lederman claims pair of first places in invite
Jenna Lederman collected a pair of first places as the Muskego girls track and field team finished second in the Wisconsin Lutheran Viking Invitational on April 26.
Lederman won the 1,600-meter run with 5 minutes, 19.95 seconds and ran with Morgan Marek, Leanna Barr and Marissa Wendtland to claim the 4x400-meter relay in 4:19.82.
Jerica Kotarak snared the long jump championship with 16 feet-93/4 inches for the Warriors' third title.
The first places helped Muskego tally 76 points to finish behind only Divine Savior Holy Angels with 95 points. Wauwatosa West took third with 74 points in the 17-team meet.
On the boys side, Alex Erickson won the 3,200 meters at 9:59.35, and the 4x800 relay unit of Ethan Kern, Nick Blommel, Dan Matusinec and Joe Prekop prevailed with 8:21.68 as the Warriors tallied 42 points for ninth place.
For the girls, Abigail Missiaen brought in second places in the 100 hurdles (16.75 seconds) and 300 hurdles (50.59).
The boys took home seconds in the 4x100 relay with Matt Little, Jake Bourbonais, Ayden Malcomson and Cameron Rygiewicz (44.82) and the 4x200 with Little, Grant LeGros, Rygiewicz and Malcomson (1:32.14).
Taking third for the girls were Marek in the 800 meters (2:28.84), Georgi Llanas in the 1,600 meters (5:28.29) and the 4x200 squad of Savannah Rygiewicz, Anna Egan, Wendtland and Kotarak (1:53.37).
Missiaen was fifth in the triple jump (32-71/2) and the 4x800 group of Haley Maday, Hannah Weier, Gabby Mraz and Sarah Thorenson took fifth (10:48.15).
Savannah Rygiewicz placed sixth in the 200 meters (28.61) for the girls, while LeGros took sixth in the 300 hurdles (43.67) for the boys.
Sam Sadowski captured seventh in the boys long jump (19-41/4).
The girls 4x100 relay corps of Brittany Glaeser, Linnea Wegener, Haley Bartz and Jasmyn Ford took eighth (56.59), while Jacob Arndt finished eighth for the boys in the discus (126-2).
The boys will compete in the Waukesha North Invitational at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, May 3. The Muskego girls are at Wisconsin Lutheran for another invitational at 4:15 p.m. Friday, May 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego baseball team finds more ways to win games
- Muskego's Glandt tallies 19 points in Division 1 all-star basketball game
- Muskego baseball team keeps on rolling in Classic 8 Conference action
- Kettle Moraine edges Muskego in WIAA Division 1 girls state semifinal soccer contest
- Muskego girls soccer team heads to state for second straight season
- Muskego native Nick Schmidlkofer earns Academic All-America honor for baseball
- Muskego baseball team sweeps Waukesha South
- Girls soccer: Early goal helps Muskego girls soccer team down Greenfield in sectional
- Muskego boys relay team captures WIAA Division 1 state championship
- Muskego's Lederman, Kotarak capture top-six spots at state track meet