Muskego girls team runs to track invite crown at Wisconsin Lutheran
Warriors capture six event championships
What started out as a nine-team invitational track and field meet on May 2 at Wisconsin Lutheran High School effectively turned into a dual between the Muskego and Franklin girls teams.
The Warriors prevailed by scoring 149 points to the Sabers' 130 points. Muskego won six events — including a one-two-three sweep of the high jump — and Franklin claimed seven events.
Wisconsin Lutheran came in a rather distant third with 98 points.
Four individuals win
A total of four girls captured individual championships for Muskego, as Jenna Lederman won the 800-meter run at 2 minutes, 20.25 seconds, Marissa Wendtland the 300 hurdles in 47.66 seconds, Lauren Kudronowicz the shot put with 35 feet 7 inches and Morgan Kath the high jump with 5-0.
Kath's winning jump was followed by teammates Kudronowicz in second with 4-10 and Johna Radke in third, also at 4-10.
Also winning for Muskego were the 4x200 relay team of Jamie Kvasnicka, Anna Egan, Jerica Kotarak and Kath with 1:47.37 and the 4x800 squad of Lederman, Leanna Barr, Morgan Marek and Lexie Tremble in 9:56.12.
Taking second were Georgi Llanas in both the 1,600 meters (5:26.26) and 3,200 meters (11:54.83); Kotarak in the triple jump (36-7); the 4x100 relay unit of Wendtland, Taylor Tabbert, Egan and Brianna Frey (52.93); and the 4x400 group of Lederman, Tabbert, Wendtland and Barr (4:14.18).
Coming in third were Marek in the 400 meters (1:03.56), Abigail Missiaen in the 100 hurdles (16.91) and Mikaela Zolecki in the shot put (32-7).
Missiaen took fourth in the 300 hurdles (51.48), while Barr was fifth in the 800 meters (2:30.08).
Savannah Rygiewicz finished sixth in the 100 meters (13.83), and Frey took seventh in the 200 meters (29.0).
Claiming eighth were Sonya Ponzi in the 400 meters (1:08.81), Courtney Bowen in the shot put (30-61/2) and Kudronowicz in the discus (80-1).
Muskego fourth in relays
Muskego also competed in the Classic 8 Conference Relays at Waukesha North on April 29, scoring 24 points for fourth place in the Red Division.
The Warriors took second in the 300 hurdles with Wendtland, Missiaen and Tori Roecker; the 1,600 sprint medley (4:22.62); the distance medley (13:25); and the shot put with Kudronowicz, Zolecki and Bowen. Kudronowicz had the best individual toss with 33-10.
Coming in third were the 4x100 team (52.58), the 4x200 unit (1:51.23), the 4x400 group (4:17.76) and the 4x800 squad (10:21.21).
The Warriors next compete at the Arrowhead Invitational on Friday, May 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Strong cast of veterans will boost Muskego girls basketball team in 2015-16 season
- Muskego boys basketball team tries to follow up on successful season
- Muskego's Stigler captures WIAA state swimming championship in breaststroke
- Muskego's football success built upon solid foundation
- Franklin football team stuns Muskego
- Muskego sends 10 qualifiers to state swimming championships
- Muskego boys volleyball team drops tough match to Racine Case in regional dual meet
- Football: Franklin football team makes statement with rout of Muskego, 42-15
- Muskego boys cross-country squad runs to 18th place in WIAA Division 1 State Meet
- Muskego's Jochims captures 10th place at WIAA Division 1 state cross-country meet