Muskego track and field teams collect five firsts in Classic 8 Outdoor
Relay teams lead way for Warriors squads
Strength in numbers lifted the Muskego track and field teams in the Jim Barron Classic 8 Outdoor Championships on May 15 at Mukwonago High School.
The Warriors claimed four relay crowns, two each for the boys and girls squads.
Winning for the boys were 4x200-meter unit of Matt Little, Noah Kairis, Cameron Rygiewicz and Keith Kamer at 1 minute, 30.73 seconds and the 4x100-meter group of Little, Kairis, Rygiewicz and Jake Wachowiak in 44.03 seconds.
Taking first for the girls squad were the 4x200 team with 1:46.93 and the 4x400 unit (4:02.61). Individual names were not available.
Alex Hauke won the discus with a toss of 154 feet-11 inches for the Warriors boys as well.
Girls finish third
The girls earned the higher team spot with third at 102 points, trailing Arrowhead at 1601/2 points and Mukwonago at 1421/2.
The Muskego boys finished fifth with 68 points in their meet, which was won by Arrowhead at 1541/2 points.
Capturing second for the girls were Marissa Wendlandt in the 300 hurdles (45.91), Jenna Lederman in the 800 run (2:19.59) and the 4x800 relay (9:42.67).
For the boys, seconds went to Mitchell Kwapick in the 800 run (1:58.71) and Alex Erickson in the 3,200 run (9:57.14).
Taking third for the boys were Little in the 100 dash (11.29) and the 4x800 relay unit of Erickson, Ethan Kern, Dan Matusinec and Trevor Bednarek (8:16.6).
"Little, Erickson and Kwapick put together strong performances on the track," head coach Owen Jarrette said.
Claiming third for the girls were Georgi Llanas in the 3,200 run (12:02.6) and Lauren Kudronowicz in the discus (102-8).
Coming in fourth for the girls were Morgan Kath in the high jump (4-10), Kudronowicz in the shot put (36-2) and the 4x100 relay unit (51.96).
Hauke took fifth in the boys shot put (47-9).
"Alex stepped up huge in the throws," Jarrette said.
For the girls, fifths were earned by Johna Radke in the high jump (4-8) and Jamie Kvasnicka in the long jump (15-5).
Plenty of sixths
The boys 4x400 relay took sixth (3:43.55) and for the girls, sixths went to Wendlandt in the 100 hurdles (16.68), Savannah Rygiewicz in the 100 dash (13.47), Llanas in the 1,600 run (5:29.38), Kudronowicz in the high jump (4-8) and Abigail Missiaen in the triple jump (31-8).
Capturing seventh were Colin Reisenauer in the 800 run (2:01.66) for the boys and Missiaen in both the 100 hurdles (16.88) and 300 hurdles (49.52) as well as Rygiewicz in the 200 dash (28.43) for the girls.
Snaring eighths were Alex Graziano in the boys 3,200 run (10:23.53), Leanna Barr in the girls 800 run (2:29.86) and Mikaela Zolecki in the girls shot put (32-101/2).
Both teams are off this week to prepare for a WIAA Division 1 regional meet Tuesday, May 27, at Whitnall High School.
- Mohler pitches Muskego softball team past Arrowhead to clinch share of Classic 8 championship
- Muskego boys tennis team takes seventh in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego girls soccer team claims Al Gusho Tournament championship
- Muskego girls track and field team takes third in Classic 8 Outdoor
- Muskego girls soccer team claims West Bend Tournament championship
- Muskego boys, girls track teams shine in Steinke Laser invitational
- Muskego girls track, field team wins three events, captures third in Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Dachowski's hot bat helps propel Muskego softball team to three victories
- Muskego's Kotarak flies high as freshman in MSOE track and field
- Muskego girls track team notches top-five finishes at Brookfield East, West Allis Hale meets