Muskego girls soccer team blanks pair of opponents in a strong week
Warriors preparing for WIAA tournament
With the WIAA Division 1 tournament on the horizon, the Muskego girls soccer team is rounding into form.
The Warriors shut out two opponents last week, blanking Classic 8 Conference foe Waukesha South 3-0 on May 20 and St. Anthony 8-0 on May 22.
Muskego then lost a tough 3-0 decision to Catholic Memorial in a makeup contest on May 23.
The Warriors, who came into this week at 3-3 in the Classic 8 and 13-5-3 overall, play twice this week, then prepare for the tournament starting Thursday, June 5.
Aly Kohanowski led the way in the victory over St. Anthony with a hat trick.
Ellen Kurth, Jennifer Fischer and Alexa Schnittka also tallied goals.
In the triumph over Waukesha South, Kohanowski, Michelle Magnus and Angela Jasper all scored and goaltender Madelyn Runyan came up with five saves.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego baseball team finds more ways to win games
- Muskego's Glandt tallies 19 points in Division 1 all-star basketball game
- Muskego baseball team keeps on rolling in Classic 8 Conference action
- Kettle Moraine edges Muskego in WIAA Division 1 girls state semifinal soccer contest
- Muskego girls soccer team heads to state for second straight season
- Muskego native Nick Schmidlkofer earns Academic All-America honor for baseball
- Muskego baseball team sweeps Waukesha South
- Girls soccer: Early goal helps Muskego girls soccer team down Greenfield in sectional
- Muskego boys relay team captures WIAA Division 1 state championship
- Muskego's Lederman, Kotarak capture top-six spots at state track meet