Muskego girls soccer team blanks pair of opponents in a strong week
Warriors preparing for WIAA tournament
With the WIAA Division 1 tournament on the horizon, the Muskego girls soccer team is rounding into form.
The Warriors shut out two opponents last week, blanking Classic 8 Conference foe Waukesha South 3-0 on May 20 and St. Anthony 8-0 on May 22.
Muskego then lost a tough 3-0 decision to Catholic Memorial in a makeup contest on May 23.
The Warriors, who came into this week at 3-3 in the Classic 8 and 13-5-3 overall, play twice this week, then prepare for the tournament starting Thursday, June 5.
Aly Kohanowski led the way in the victory over St. Anthony with a hat trick.
Ellen Kurth, Jennifer Fischer and Alexa Schnittka also tallied goals.
In the triumph over Waukesha South, Kohanowski, Michelle Magnus and Angela Jasper all scored and goaltender Madelyn Runyan came up with five saves.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Kate Jochims wins at UW-Parkside for second straight cross-country crown
- Muskego routs Waukesha South, clinches spot in WIAA football playoffs
- Muskego's Taylor, Stigler each win pair of events at Lancer swimming meet
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 1, 2015
- Muskego girls tennis team takes fourth in Classic 8 Conference tournament
- Muskego boys cross-country team captures championship in own invite
- Passing game becoming part of Muskego football team's arsenal
- Short-handed Muskego swimmers perform well at Waukesha South Invitational
- Muskego girls volleyball team captures Watertown Invitational championship
- Football: Wagner's long touchdown run propels Muskego football team past Catholic Memorial