Muskego girls soccer team blanks pair of opponents in a strong week
Warriors preparing for WIAA tournament
With the WIAA Division 1 tournament on the horizon, the Muskego girls soccer team is rounding into form.
The Warriors shut out two opponents last week, blanking Classic 8 Conference foe Waukesha South 3-0 on May 20 and St. Anthony 8-0 on May 22.
Muskego then lost a tough 3-0 decision to Catholic Memorial in a makeup contest on May 23.
The Warriors, who came into this week at 3-3 in the Classic 8 and 13-5-3 overall, play twice this week, then prepare for the tournament starting Thursday, June 5.
Aly Kohanowski led the way in the victory over St. Anthony with a hat trick.
Ellen Kurth, Jennifer Fischer and Alexa Schnittka also tallied goals.
In the triumph over Waukesha South, Kohanowski, Michelle Magnus and Angela Jasper all scored and goaltender Madelyn Runyan came up with five saves.
-- John Rech
- Muskego baseball team overcame early pitching questions to claim Classic 8, regional championships
- Muskego baseball team nips Greendale, 11-10, in wild WIAA sectional semifinal contest
- Muskego falls to powerful Oak Creek in WIAA sectional championship baseball game
- Muskego's Sandra Mohr helps elite club volleyball team claim national, world championships
- Sports Notes: July 14, 2016
- Muskego sweeps Mukwonago, wraps up second straight Classic 8 baseball crown
- Muskego's Christy Dachowski came back from two surgeries to shine on softball field
- Muskego baseball team sweeps Waukesha West, nears Classic 8 championship
- Muskego's Wagner shines with the stars in both basketball and baseball (1)
- Muskego wins twice, extends lead in Classic 8 Conference baseball race