Muskego girls soccer team blanks pair of opponents in a strong week
Warriors preparing for WIAA tournament
With the WIAA Division 1 tournament on the horizon, the Muskego girls soccer team is rounding into form.
The Warriors shut out two opponents last week, blanking Classic 8 Conference foe Waukesha South 3-0 on May 20 and St. Anthony 8-0 on May 22.
Muskego then lost a tough 3-0 decision to Catholic Memorial in a makeup contest on May 23.
The Warriors, who came into this week at 3-3 in the Classic 8 and 13-5-3 overall, play twice this week, then prepare for the tournament starting Thursday, June 5.
Aly Kohanowski led the way in the victory over St. Anthony with a hat trick.
Ellen Kurth, Jennifer Fischer and Alexa Schnittka also tallied goals.
In the triumph over Waukesha South, Kohanowski, Michelle Magnus and Angela Jasper all scored and goaltender Madelyn Runyan came up with five saves.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego boys swimmers secure top-half finish in Classic 8/Greater Metro Conference Meet
- Muskego's Tobin, Finke, White sign with Division 1 football colleges
- Muskego wrestling team claims three championships, second place in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego skiers finish third, fourth in Little Switzerland race
- Franklin, Muskego, Oak Creek, Whitnall gymnasts flex muscles with Madison win
- Muskego boys basketball team falls to Arrowhead, later regains sole lead in Classic 8
- Muskego wrestlers prepare for tournament season with dual-meet victory over Arrowhead
- Muskego girls skiers win another Midwest High School race
- Strong effort gives Muskego wrestling team sixth place at Zelinski Duals
- Muskego boys basketball team holds on to top Waukesha North, maintain Classic 8 Conference lead