Muskego girls soccer team blanks pair of opponents in a strong week
Warriors preparing for WIAA tournament
With the WIAA Division 1 tournament on the horizon, the Muskego girls soccer team is rounding into form.
The Warriors shut out two opponents last week, blanking Classic 8 Conference foe Waukesha South 3-0 on May 20 and St. Anthony 8-0 on May 22.
Muskego then lost a tough 3-0 decision to Catholic Memorial in a makeup contest on May 23.
The Warriors, who came into this week at 3-3 in the Classic 8 and 13-5-3 overall, play twice this week, then prepare for the tournament starting Thursday, June 5.
Aly Kohanowski led the way in the victory over St. Anthony with a hat trick.
Ellen Kurth, Jennifer Fischer and Alexa Schnittka also tallied goals.
In the triumph over Waukesha South, Kohanowski, Michelle Magnus and Angela Jasper all scored and goaltender Madelyn Runyan came up with five saves.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Sports Wraps: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Muskego boys cross country team surges to second at South Milwaukee
- Muskego swimmers capture third in rugged Classic 8 relay competition
- Aerial game provides new dimension to Muskego football team's attack
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Ryan Borton helps Muskego football team run roughshod over South
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5
- Muskego runs wild on Waukesha South, putting a damper on Blackshirts' home opener
- Football: Big runs boost Muskego football team to 42-6 romp over Oconomowoc