Muskego girls soccer team rolls on to WIAA sectional tournament
Warriors to face Greenfield on June 12
The going was easy for Muskego's girls soccer team in the first week of WIAA Division 1 action.
The Warriors blanked a pair of Milwaukee City Conference teams by identical scores of 10-0 last week, topping Bradley Tech/Bay View on June 7 and Pulaski/Juneau on June 5.
The sweep boosted top regional seed Muskego to 15-7-3 on the season and sent the Warriors on to a sectional semifinal contest against Greenfield at home at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 12.
The second-seeded Hustlin' Hawks won their regional with victories of 10-0 over Milwaukee Hamilton on June 5 and 4-0 over Cudahy/St. Francis on June 7.
The winner plays either Racine Horlick or Kenosha Tremper at 1 p.m. Saturday, June 14, at Kenosha Indian Trail for the sectional crown and a trip to next week's state tournament at Uihlein Park.
Muskego's romp over Tech on June 7 was keyed by two goals apiece from Michelle Magnus and Erin Bolskar. Among others scoring for the Warriors were Angie Jasper, Arianna Cyrus and Dana Dougherty.
Goaltender Alexa Schnittka made one save on the evening.
Against Pulaski/Juneau, Jasper came up with three goals, Bolskar two goals and one assist, Kayla Agostini two goals and Cyrus one goal and one assist.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: March 5, 2015
- FMOW gymnasts win sectional with season-best score
- Muskego's Brady McFarland places sixth in WIAA state wrestling tournament
- Muskego eighth-grade basketball team goes unbeaten in league play
- Muskego's Stigler places third in breaststroke to key swimmers at state meet
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 26, 2015
- Muskego boys wrap up undisputed Classic 8 Conference basketball championship
- Scholz, Balcerak win conference gymnastics titles for Franklin-Muskego-Oak Creek-Whitnall
- Muskego wrestler Brady McFarland reaches WIAA Division 1 State Meet
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 19, 2015