Muskego baseball team's bats continue to ring during 3-1 week
Warriors fall victim to Arrowhead again
A strong season continued last week for the Muskego baseball team, but the Warriors hit their one stumbling block once again.
Muskego won three of four games, downing Slinger 10-6 on June 21, Waukesha North 15-4 on June 17 and Kettle Moraine 8-4 on June 16.
The Warriors, though, fell to Arrowhead 8-5 in nine innings on June 19, their second tough loss to the Warhawks this season. They also dropped a 4-3 decision in early June.
Muskego led 3-2 going into the top of the seventh inning but saw Arrowhead score because of errors, sending the game into extra innings.
The Warhawks then pushed across five runs in the ninth frame to take an 8-3 lead. Muskego rallied with two in the bottom of the inning but fell short.
Brett Finke, Nick Berry and Jack Sarnowski each collected two hits for Muskego. Noah Jansen pitched a solid seven innings for the Warriors, striking out six.
Muskego has one more shot at Arrowhead in Classic 8 Conference play on the road Tuesday, July 8.
Otherwise, the Warriors did well last week.
Against Slinger, Luke Thomka went 3-for-4, Ryan Tobin had two hits and Sarnowski and Jack Bloomer each brought in two runs.
In the victory over North, Tobin was 4-for-4 with three runs batted in, Dan Malak 2-for-2 with two RBIs and Finke 3-for-4. Malak picked up the victory.
Malak drove in two runs, and Thomka gained the victory over Kettle Moraine, allowing five hits and striking out seven.
The Warriors improved to 7-3 in the Classic 8 and 12-5 overall.
"Our offense continues to get better," said head coach Jacob Paige, "and our defense turned the page last week. We had good play from our outfielders, Michael Frasher, Caleb Wagner and Malak. Our young guys are starting to progress."
Muskego meets Waukesha South at Waukesha West at 7 p.m. Friday, June 27 and welcomes Shorewood at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 28.
The Warriors then host Waukesha West at 5:30 p.m. Monday, June 30, and Kettle Moraine at 5:30 Tuesday, July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego boys cross country team collects medals at Kenosha Tremper Invitational
- Muskego girls tennis team wins invitational, dual meet in busy week
- Muskego girls swimming team opens season with victory in Falcon Funfest
- Muskego football team's defense shines in easy opening victory
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Muskego Warriors
- Defense could step forward for Muskego football team this season
- Muskego girls tennis team opens season with victory
- Muskego Impact earns split of four-game week in Land O' Lakes action
- Wagner plays big role for Muskego's Classic 8 champion baseball team
- Muskego baseball team enjoys memorable season