Muskego baseball team's offense struggles for first time this year
Warriors lose two of three contests last week
The offense for the Muskego baseball team met its match in three Classic 8 Conference contests last week.
The Warriors could not get their attack going against strong pitching from Waukesha South on June 27, Catholic Memorial on June 24 and Mukwonago on June 23.
They did manage to win one of the games, tipping Mukwonago 5-4 behind their own solid pitching, as Luke Thomka allowed seven hits, struck out eight and walked just one in a complete game.
The Warriors collected seven hits for the game, led by Jack Bloomer with two, and tallied three runs in the fourth inning.
"We got the week off to a good start," head coach Jacob Paige said. "Luke Thomka really pitched well."
Muskego dropped the other two contests, however, falling to Waukesha South 6-3 and to Catholic Memorial 3-2.
Against Memorial, Cal Krafcheck allowed six hits in six innings but was outpitched by Eric Brown, who gave up eight hits in seven frames.
In the South contest, Matt Pedersen and Noah Jansen shared pitching duties, but again, the Warriors could not mount much offense.
"We haven't had a stretch this year where the offense hasn't produced," Paige said, "but that happens over the course of a season. Our offense has pretty much carried us this year, but we ran into a couple of tough pitchers."
Muskego fell to 8-5 in the Classic 8 and 13-7 overall. The Warriors were slated to play Shorewood on June 28 but that was canceled.
They take on Waukesha North at Frame Park at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3, then welcome old conference rival Oak Creek at 11 a.m. Saturday, July 5.
They host Catholic Memorial at 5:30 p.m. Monday, July 7, and visit Arrowhead at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, seeking their first victory in three tries against the Warhawks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baseball: Muskego ousts defending champion West in regional baseball contest
- Late rally gives Muskego baseball team much-needed victory in finale
- Muskego baseball team stays alive in Classic 8 Conference title chase
- Hailey Blount, Brianna Witter help Muskego to record-setting season
- Sports Notes: July 3
- Muskego baseball team's offense struggles for first time this year
- Muskego baseball team's bats continue to ring during 3-1 week
- Muskego girls soccer team stifled by DSHA in state semifinal contest
- Sports Shorts: June 19
- Hot hitting paces Muskego baseball team to strong start in 2014