Player to watch: Senior quarterback Jeff Schweitzer, who started last season and played well at combine camps in the summer. Schweitzer will be helped by a strong running game and a veteran offensive line. He will be pushed, though, by junior Caleb Wagner, who directed the junior varsity to an 8-1 record last season.
Date to circle: Aug. 29, the first home game, against always-strong Oconomowoc. This game could provide the first indication of how good the Warriors could be this season.
We say: Head coach Ken Krause is high on this team, and for good reason. The Warriors boast plenty of experience at quarterback, on the offensive line and on defense.
A glance back
Outcome: Did not qualify for playoffs
Moment to remember: Muskego struggled in the Classic 8 Conference last season but did beat Kettle Moraine and Waukesha North and gave Mukwonago a good battle in the season finale.
First team: None
Second team: None
Honorable mention: Baili Leszczynski (OL), Alex Hauke (DL), August Lambrecht (LB)*, Brandon Valenza (DB)
First-team losses: Peter Roy (RB)
Coach: Ken Krause
|Milwaukee Vincent||W 68-0|
|Waukesha South||L 31-28|
|Waukesha West||L 51-13|
|Kettle Moraine||W 24-7|
|Waukesha North||W 42-14|
|Catholic Memorial||L 41-7|
|Aug. 22||Racine Park|
|Sept. 5||Waukesha South|
|Sept. 12||Waukesha West|
|Sept. 19||Kettle Moraine|
|Sept. 26||Waukesha North|
|Oct. 3||Catholic Memorial|
home games in bold
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego baseball team finds more ways to win games
- Muskego's Glandt tallies 19 points in Division 1 all-star basketball game
- Muskego baseball team keeps on rolling in Classic 8 Conference action
- Kettle Moraine edges Muskego in WIAA Division 1 girls state semifinal soccer contest
- Muskego girls soccer team heads to state for second straight season
- Muskego native Nick Schmidlkofer earns Academic All-America honor for baseball
- Muskego baseball team sweeps Waukesha South
- Girls soccer: Early goal helps Muskego girls soccer team down Greenfield in sectional
- Muskego boys relay team captures WIAA Division 1 state championship
- Muskego's Lederman, Kotarak capture top-six spots at state track meet