Player to watch: Senior quarterback Jeff Schweitzer, who started last season and played well at combine camps in the summer. Schweitzer will be helped by a strong running game and a veteran offensive line. He will be pushed, though, by junior Caleb Wagner, who directed the junior varsity to an 8-1 record last season.
Date to circle: Aug. 29, the first home game, against always-strong Oconomowoc. This game could provide the first indication of how good the Warriors could be this season.
We say: Head coach Ken Krause is high on this team, and for good reason. The Warriors boast plenty of experience at quarterback, on the offensive line and on defense.
A glance back
Outcome: Did not qualify for playoffs
Moment to remember: Muskego struggled in the Classic 8 Conference last season but did beat Kettle Moraine and Waukesha North and gave Mukwonago a good battle in the season finale.
First team: None
Second team: None
Honorable mention: Baili Leszczynski (OL), Alex Hauke (DL), August Lambrecht (LB)*, Brandon Valenza (DB)
First-team losses: Peter Roy (RB)
Coach: Ken Krause
|Milwaukee Vincent||W 68-0|
|Waukesha South||L 31-28|
|Waukesha West||L 51-13|
|Kettle Moraine||W 24-7|
|Waukesha North||W 42-14|
|Catholic Memorial||L 41-7|
|Aug. 22||Racine Park|
|Sept. 5||Waukesha South|
|Sept. 12||Waukesha West|
|Sept. 19||Kettle Moraine|
|Sept. 26||Waukesha North|
|Oct. 3||Catholic Memorial|
home games in bold
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Sports Wraps: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Muskego boys cross country team surges to second at South Milwaukee
- Muskego swimmers capture third in rugged Classic 8 relay competition
- Aerial game provides new dimension to Muskego football team's attack
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Ryan Borton helps Muskego football team run roughshod over South
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5
- Muskego runs wild on Waukesha South, putting a damper on Blackshirts' home opener
- Football: Big runs boost Muskego football team to 42-6 romp over Oconomowoc