Once again, the Muskego boys basketball head coaching position is open. Duane Mlachnik resigned from the job after just one season. Mlachnik said he enjoyed a fine relationship with the school's administration, but had some difficulties with a few parents over the course of the season.
"I had some issues with a few parents during the season," Mlachnik said. "It was just too much hassle. I just thought enough was enough."
He said his situation was not unique at the school. "I'm not the Lone Ranger here," he continued. "A number of coaches have had problems. It's just a mess, and I didn't feel like dealing with it anymore. The season was not a lot of fun."
In fact, Mlachnik said he did not have any immediate plans to coach again "because this left a bad taste in my mouth about coaching high school sports."
He did stress that he had no problems with the administration. "Everyone was great to me," he said. "They strongly wanted me to stay."
His son, D.J., the team's leading scorer last season, has already transferred to St. John's Northwestern Military Academy and is playing on the school's baseball team.
Duane Mlachnik moved from the Muskego girls head coaching job to the boys position before last season. The boys team struggled to a 3-18 record in 2008-09.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego girls tennis team wins invitational, dual meet in busy week
- Muskego girls swimming team opens season with victory in Falcon Funfest
- Muskego football team's defense shines in easy opening victory
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Muskego Warriors
- Defense could step forward for Muskego football team this season
- Muskego girls tennis team opens season with victory
- Muskego Impact earns split of four-game week in Land O' Lakes action
- Wagner plays big role for Muskego's Classic 8 champion baseball team
- Muskego baseball team enjoys memorable season
- Baseball: Whitnall baseball team uses big fifth inning to stun Muskego in regional title contest