Once again, the Muskego boys basketball head coaching position is open. Duane Mlachnik resigned from the job after just one season. Mlachnik said he enjoyed a fine relationship with the school's administration, but had some difficulties with a few parents over the course of the season.
"I had some issues with a few parents during the season," Mlachnik said. "It was just too much hassle. I just thought enough was enough."
He said his situation was not unique at the school. "I'm not the Lone Ranger here," he continued. "A number of coaches have had problems. It's just a mess, and I didn't feel like dealing with it anymore. The season was not a lot of fun."
In fact, Mlachnik said he did not have any immediate plans to coach again "because this left a bad taste in my mouth about coaching high school sports."
He did stress that he had no problems with the administration. "Everyone was great to me," he said. "They strongly wanted me to stay."
His son, D.J., the team's leading scorer last season, has already transferred to St. John's Northwestern Military Academy and is playing on the school's baseball team.
Duane Mlachnik moved from the Muskego girls head coaching job to the boys position before last season. The boys team struggled to a 3-18 record in 2008-09.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
- Mohler pitches Muskego softball team past Arrowhead to clinch share of Classic 8 championship
- Muskego boys tennis team takes seventh in Classic 8 Conference Tournament
- Muskego girls soccer team claims Al Gusho Tournament championship
- Muskego girls track and field team takes third in Classic 8 Outdoor
- Muskego girls soccer team claims West Bend Tournament championship
- Muskego boys, girls track teams shine in Steinke Laser invitational
- Muskego girls track, field team wins three events, captures third in Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Dachowski's hot bat helps propel Muskego softball team to three victories
- Muskego's Kotarak flies high as freshman in MSOE track and field
- Muskego girls track team notches top-five finishes at Brookfield East, West Allis Hale meets