Once again, the Muskego boys basketball head coaching position is open. Duane Mlachnik resigned from the job after just one season. Mlachnik said he enjoyed a fine relationship with the school's administration, but had some difficulties with a few parents over the course of the season.
"I had some issues with a few parents during the season," Mlachnik said. "It was just too much hassle. I just thought enough was enough."
He said his situation was not unique at the school. "I'm not the Lone Ranger here," he continued. "A number of coaches have had problems. It's just a mess, and I didn't feel like dealing with it anymore. The season was not a lot of fun."
In fact, Mlachnik said he did not have any immediate plans to coach again "because this left a bad taste in my mouth about coaching high school sports."
He did stress that he had no problems with the administration. "Everyone was great to me," he said. "They strongly wanted me to stay."
His son, D.J., the team's leading scorer last season, has already transferred to St. John's Northwestern Military Academy and is playing on the school's baseball team.
Duane Mlachnik moved from the Muskego girls head coaching job to the boys position before last season. The boys team struggled to a 3-18 record in 2008-09.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
- Muskego baseball team overcame early pitching questions to claim Classic 8, regional championships
- Muskego baseball team nips Greendale, 11-10, in wild WIAA sectional semifinal contest
- Muskego falls to powerful Oak Creek in WIAA sectional championship baseball game
- Muskego's Sandra Mohr helps elite club volleyball team claim national, world championships
- Sports Notes: July 14, 2016
- Muskego sweeps Mukwonago, wraps up second straight Classic 8 baseball crown
- Muskego's Christy Dachowski came back from two surgeries to shine on softball field
- Muskego baseball team sweeps Waukesha West, nears Classic 8 championship
- Muskego's Wagner shines with the stars in both basketball and baseball (1)
- Muskego wins twice, extends lead in Classic 8 Conference baseball race