Catholic Memorial (11-2) rolled to a 42-7 victory over Waupaca (12-1) in the Division 3 championship final to win its first WIAA State championship Friday at Camp Randall.
Several players on the Crusaders are from New Berlin and Muskego.
The New Berlin starters were sophomore center Tony Balistrieri, junior cornerback Jake Shomin, junior defensive tackle Mitch Urich and senior quarterback Pat White.
The other starter was Muskego senior guard Matt Degner.
Nonstarters were: junior wide receiver David VerBockel, Zack Fridl and Tyler Schmitt; sophomore defensive backs Matt Hocum and John Anderson DB, linebacker Tommy Garza (injured reserve), wide receiver Jonathan Reitz and Muskego offensive lineman Braeden Alberti.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 25, 2014 issue
- Muskego's Eric Hess named Wisconsin Boys Soccer Coach of the Year
- Lauren Stigler wins 100 breaststroke for Muskego at Waukesha South
- Muskego girls cross country team finishes fifth in Marquette Invite
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Sports Wraps: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Muskego boys cross country team surges to second at South Milwaukee
- Muskego swimmers capture third in rugged Classic 8 relay competition
- Aerial game provides new dimension to Muskego football team's attack
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12