New Berlin - The New Berlin Marlins finished second at the 12-team Rocket Invitational on Saturday at South Milwaukee.
All three relay teams finished second - the 200 medley relay of Taylor Petrauski, Matthew Olenchek, Sam Nigbur and Amin Phakhruddin in 1 minute, 46.12 seconds; the 200 free relay of Zach Solie, Nigbur, Zach Stoltenburg and Jackson Wannamaker in 1:35.60 and the 400 free relay of Solie, Petrauski, Wannamaker and Olenchek in 3:26.27.
The Marlins had 10 Top-10 finishes.
Olenchek in the 200 individual medley and the 100 backstroke was the only Marlins winner, but they had three runner-up performances.
"Matthew Olenchek, a senior, led the team to our second-place finish," Marlins coach Becky Young said. "He swam two season-best times in his individual events and anchored the 400 free relay with a 48. He has done a great job of setting the tone for the team."
Solie finished second in the 50 free and the 100 free and Petrauski did the same in the 100 backstroke.
Other Top-10 finishes came from Jackson Wannamaker, who took fifth in the 500 free and sixth in the 200 free and Petrauski was sixth in the 200 IM.
Nigbur was seventh in the 100 butterfly and 10th in the 50 free.
"I am extremely proud of juniors Sam Nigbur and Zach Stoltenburg," Young said. "Nigbur dropped nearly two seconds off of his personal-best 100 fly time.
"Both Nigbur and Stoltenburg had personal-best splits in the 200 free relay that helped earn a second-place finish."
A second-place performance left Young extremely satisfied.
"Overall, I am very pleased," she said. "As a team we had several personal bests and season-bests times. At this point in the season, it is encouraging to see time drops like that."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego girls tennis team takes fourth in Classic 8 Conference tournament
- Muskego boys cross-country team captures championship in own invite
- Passing game becoming part of Muskego football team's arsenal
- Short-handed Muskego swimmers perform well at Waukesha South Invitational
- Muskego girls volleyball team captures Watertown Invitational championship
- Football: Wagner's long touchdown run propels Muskego football team past Catholic Memorial
- Muskego girls tennis team captures own quadrangular championship
- Muskego girls swimmers net first at Shorewood, third in Classic 8 Relays
- Football: With momentum dwindling, Muskego football team takes to the air in victory over Mukwonago
- Muskego girls tennis team blanks Mukwonago for first Classic 8 Conference dual victory