New Berlin - The New Berlin Marlins finished second at the 12-team Rocket Invitational on Saturday at South Milwaukee.
All three relay teams finished second - the 200 medley relay of Taylor Petrauski, Matthew Olenchek, Sam Nigbur and Amin Phakhruddin in 1 minute, 46.12 seconds; the 200 free relay of Zach Solie, Nigbur, Zach Stoltenburg and Jackson Wannamaker in 1:35.60 and the 400 free relay of Solie, Petrauski, Wannamaker and Olenchek in 3:26.27.
The Marlins had 10 Top-10 finishes.
Olenchek in the 200 individual medley and the 100 backstroke was the only Marlins winner, but they had three runner-up performances.
"Matthew Olenchek, a senior, led the team to our second-place finish," Marlins coach Becky Young said. "He swam two season-best times in his individual events and anchored the 400 free relay with a 48. He has done a great job of setting the tone for the team."
Solie finished second in the 50 free and the 100 free and Petrauski did the same in the 100 backstroke.
Other Top-10 finishes came from Jackson Wannamaker, who took fifth in the 500 free and sixth in the 200 free and Petrauski was sixth in the 200 IM.
Nigbur was seventh in the 100 butterfly and 10th in the 50 free.
"I am extremely proud of juniors Sam Nigbur and Zach Stoltenburg," Young said. "Nigbur dropped nearly two seconds off of his personal-best 100 fly time.
"Both Nigbur and Stoltenburg had personal-best splits in the 200 free relay that helped earn a second-place finish."
A second-place performance left Young extremely satisfied.
"Overall, I am very pleased," she said. "As a team we had several personal bests and season-bests times. At this point in the season, it is encouraging to see time drops like that."
- Improving pitching backs up big bats for red-hot Muskego baseball team
- Muskego soccer team downed by Divine Savior Holy Angels at state tournament
- Muskego rugby squad falls to Madison Exiles in state playoffs
- Offense leads the way for Muskego baseball team in season's early going
- Muskego girls soccer team secures third straight trip to state tournament
- Muskego Youth Baseball Association helps Wagner with trip to State All-Star Classic
- Muskego's Polivka earns tie for sixth place at WIAA Division 1 State Golf Meet
- Muskego boys continue success in relays at WIAA D1 State Track and Field Meet
- Muskego girls track and field team goes through tough times at WIAA D1 state meet
- Harrison leads contingent of eight Muskego girls track and field state qualifiers