Despite a pair of individual first places from senior Jon Roberts and junior Tom Stigler, the Muskego boys swimming team lost its season opener, a 93-92 dual defeat at the hands of Arrowhead on Dec. 5.
Roberts won the 50-yard freestyle in 21.98 seconds and the 100 freestyle with 48.5. Stigler captured the 200 individual medley with 2 minutes, 0.86 seconds and the 100 breaststroke at 1:01.04.
Also winning were senior Joe Szczupakiewicz in the 200 freestyle with 1:44.58, the 200 medley relay in 1:38.45 and the 400 freestyle relay at 3:19.62. Roberts, Stigler and Szczupakiewicz all swam on both relays.
The Warriors should have another strong team this season, as they return several swimmers with WIAA Division 1 state experience.
Last season, Szczupakiewicz claimed the state championship in the 500 freestyle, while Roberts took second in the 100 freestyle and third in the 50 freestyle. Stigler also competed at state.
Muskego next competes in a non-conference dual meet against Pius XI at home at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
— John Rech
- Muskego's Wagner shines with the stars in both basketball and baseball
- Muskego wins twice, extends lead in Classic 8 Conference baseball race
- Improving pitching backs up big bats for red-hot Muskego baseball team
- Muskego soccer team downed by Divine Savior Holy Angels at state tournament
- Muskego rugby squad falls to Madison Exiles in state playoffs
- Offense leads the way for Muskego baseball team in season's early going
- Muskego girls soccer team secures third straight trip to state tournament
- Muskego Youth Baseball Association helps Wagner with trip to State All-Star Classic
- Muskego's Polivka earns tie for sixth place at WIAA Division 1 State Golf Meet
- Muskego boys continue success in relays at WIAA D1 State Track and Field Meet