Muskego - The winning ways of the Muskego boys swimming team continued on Dec. 13 with a 132-51 dual romp over a combined Waukesha West/Mukwonago squad.
The Warriors have done nothing but win so far this young season. They are now 2-0 in dual meets, and they claimed the Hartford Relays in early December.
They captured 10 of 12 events in their easy victory over West/Mukwonago as Patrick Walsh, Jon Roberts and Joe Szczupakiewicz all won a pair of events.
Walsh won the 200 individual medley at 2 minutes, 4.25 seconds and the 100 freestyle at 51.56 seconds; Roberts the 50 freestyle with 22.3 and the 100 butterfly with 53.63, and Szczupakiewicz the 500 freestyle at 4:47.44 and the 100 backstroke in 57.63. Thomas Stigler took the 100 breast stroke with 1:06.
Also winning were the 200 medley relay team of Matt Simono, Sam Schoyer, Drew Borland and Clayton Cesarz in 1:54.8, the 200 freestyle group of Stigler, Ryker Sharp, Cesarz and Joe Paquette in 1:33.79 and the 400 freestyle squad of Walsh, Szczupakiewicz, Paquette and Allan Prichard at 3:20.32.
Muskego also took eight second places and eight thirds.
The Warriors visit Hartford for a dual at 6 p.m. Thursday, then compete in the Metro Swim Association meet at Homestead High School at 10 a.m. Dec. 27.
- John Rech
- Muskego baseball team nips Greendale, 11-10, in wild WIAA sectional semifinal contest
- Muskego falls to powerful Oak Creek in WIAA sectional championship baseball game
- Muskego's Sandra Mohr helps elite club volleyball team claim national, world championships
- Sports Notes: July 14, 2016
- Muskego sweeps Mukwonago, wraps up second straight Classic 8 baseball crown
- Muskego's Christy Dachowski came back from two surgeries to shine on softball field
- Muskego baseball team sweeps Waukesha West, nears Classic 8 championship
- Muskego's Wagner shines with the stars in both basketball and baseball (1)
- Muskego wins twice, extends lead in Classic 8 Conference baseball race
- Improving pitching backs up big bats for red-hot Muskego baseball team