Muskego - The winning ways of the Muskego boys swimming team continued on Dec. 13 with a 132-51 dual romp over a combined Waukesha West/Mukwonago squad.
The Warriors have done nothing but win so far this young season. They are now 2-0 in dual meets, and they claimed the Hartford Relays in early December.
They captured 10 of 12 events in their easy victory over West/Mukwonago as Patrick Walsh, Jon Roberts and Joe Szczupakiewicz all won a pair of events.
Walsh won the 200 individual medley at 2 minutes, 4.25 seconds and the 100 freestyle at 51.56 seconds; Roberts the 50 freestyle with 22.3 and the 100 butterfly with 53.63, and Szczupakiewicz the 500 freestyle at 4:47.44 and the 100 backstroke in 57.63. Thomas Stigler took the 100 breast stroke with 1:06.
Also winning were the 200 medley relay team of Matt Simono, Sam Schoyer, Drew Borland and Clayton Cesarz in 1:54.8, the 200 freestyle group of Stigler, Ryker Sharp, Cesarz and Joe Paquette in 1:33.79 and the 400 freestyle squad of Walsh, Szczupakiewicz, Paquette and Allan Prichard at 3:20.32.
Muskego also took eight second places and eight thirds.
The Warriors visit Hartford for a dual at 6 p.m. Thursday, then compete in the Metro Swim Association meet at Homestead High School at 10 a.m. Dec. 27.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Strong cast of veterans will boost Muskego girls basketball team in 2015-16 season
- Muskego boys basketball team tries to follow up on successful season
- Muskego's Stigler captures WIAA state swimming championship in breaststroke
- Muskego's football success built upon solid foundation
- Franklin football team stuns Muskego
- Muskego sends 10 qualifiers to state swimming championships
- Muskego boys volleyball team drops tough match to Racine Case in regional dual meet
- Football: Franklin football team makes statement with rout of Muskego, 42-15
- Muskego boys cross-country squad runs to 18th place in WIAA Division 1 State Meet
- Muskego's Jochims captures 10th place at WIAA Division 1 state cross-country meet