The Muskego Stars boys 17 club volleyball team won its own Shoot for the Stars Tournament two weeks ago for its second tourney title this season.
The Stars also won the Sync Volleyball Club Tournament in Schaumburg, Ill., and took second in the Adversity Club Tournament in Vernon Hills, Ill. The team was also third in the Molten Boys Fest in Waukesha.
In the Shoot for the Stars event, Luke Arndt of Muskego High School led the attack with 34 kills and a .470 hitting percentage. Tyler Brown and Austin Kuchenbecker, both of Muskego, smashed 23 and 13 kills, respectively, for .381 and .370 hitting percentages. Kuchenbecker also led the team in solo blocks with 10.
Ryan Potts of New Berlin United collected 14 digs and high school teammate Tyler Obradovich chipped in with seven kills and four blocks.
Matt Pedersen of Muskego dished out 84 assists and led the Stars with four service aces, while Andrew Boster of Muskego solidified the defense with nine blocks and seven aces.
Other team members are Quinn Arndt, Tony D'Acquisto and Blake Baranowski. The team was coached by Pat Starken.
The Stars next compete at the Badger Region Championship in Milwaukee this weekend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 25, 2014 issue
- Muskego's Eric Hess named Wisconsin Boys Soccer Coach of the Year
- Lauren Stigler wins 100 breaststroke for Muskego at Waukesha South
- Muskego girls cross country team finishes fifth in Marquette Invite
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Sports Wraps: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Muskego boys cross country team surges to second at South Milwaukee
- Muskego swimmers capture third in rugged Classic 8 relay competition
- Aerial game provides new dimension to Muskego football team's attack
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12