The Muskego Stars boys 17 club volleyball team won its own Shoot for the Stars Tournament two weeks ago for its second tourney title this season.
The Stars also won the Sync Volleyball Club Tournament in Schaumburg, Ill., and took second in the Adversity Club Tournament in Vernon Hills, Ill. The team was also third in the Molten Boys Fest in Waukesha.
In the Shoot for the Stars event, Luke Arndt of Muskego High School led the attack with 34 kills and a .470 hitting percentage. Tyler Brown and Austin Kuchenbecker, both of Muskego, smashed 23 and 13 kills, respectively, for .381 and .370 hitting percentages. Kuchenbecker also led the team in solo blocks with 10.
Ryan Potts of New Berlin United collected 14 digs and high school teammate Tyler Obradovich chipped in with seven kills and four blocks.
Matt Pedersen of Muskego dished out 84 assists and led the Stars with four service aces, while Andrew Boster of Muskego solidified the defense with nine blocks and seven aces.
Other team members are Quinn Arndt, Tony D'Acquisto and Blake Baranowski. The team was coached by Pat Starken.
The Stars next compete at the Badger Region Championship in Milwaukee this weekend.
- Dachowski's hot bat helps propel Muskego softball team to three victories
- Muskego's Kotarak flies high as freshman in MSOE track and field
- Muskego girls track team notches top-five finishes at Brookfield East, West Allis Hale meets
- Strong pitching helps boost Muskego softball team to top of Classic 8 Conference standings
- Muskego girls soccer team led by strong veteran defense
- Longtime teammates Wagner, Farner led Muskego boys basketball team to state
- Capes led Muskego boys basketball team out of struggles to state championship game
- Muskego girls basketball team surged back to .500 level in 2015-16 season
- Turnaround for Muskego boys basketball team reached new heights in 2015-16 season
- Muskego girls basketball team surged back to .500 mark in 2015-16 season