Muskego - Megan Liebl, the Muskego High School swimming standout, had a number of reasons for choosing to attend Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Ga.
"The team members are nice, and they really care about each other," said Liebl, who recently signed a national letter of intent with Georgia Southern. "That reminds me of my (Muskego) team and my club team. It was just a great fit for me."
There was one other reason for her decision.
"I don't like winter, and it will be warmer there," she said.
Liebl seriously considered one other school, and it too features warm weather - Florida Gulf Coast.
She plans to major in exercise science, which she hopes could lead to a career in physical therapy.
Liebl enjoyed a successful career at Muskego, qualifying for the WIAA Division 1 State Meet all four years in the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke. She also earned several All-American and All-State honors over the years.
- Muskego's Wagner shines with the stars in both basketball and baseball
- Muskego wins twice, extends lead in Classic 8 Conference baseball race
- Improving pitching backs up big bats for red-hot Muskego baseball team
- Muskego soccer team downed by Divine Savior Holy Angels at state tournament
- Muskego rugby squad falls to Madison Exiles in state playoffs
- Offense leads the way for Muskego baseball team in season's early going
- Muskego girls soccer team secures third straight trip to state tournament
- Muskego Youth Baseball Association helps Wagner with trip to State All-Star Classic
- Muskego's Polivka earns tie for sixth place at WIAA Division 1 State Golf Meet
- Muskego boys continue success in relays at WIAA D1 State Track and Field Meet