New Berlin West girls basketball coach Corey Scheel pulled off a classy move on Senior Night on Feb. 21. Senior Anne Kaczynski, who reinjured her knee this year and had to miss the second half of the season, started against Eisenhower. The Lions won the tip, but the officials immediately called a timeout and Kaczynski had the chance to walk off the court one final time. Ike coach Gary Schmidt and the officials had agreed to the gesture ahead of time.
combined victories for Muskego state wrestling qualifiers Austin Quartullo and Connor Price; Quartullo finished with 50 triumphs this season and Price with 42.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
TEAM OF THE WEEK
The New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball team improved to 21-3 after beating Waukesha North, 57-55, Friday and Whitnall, 61-51, Saturday to win the WIAA Regional Championship.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: May 23
- Muskego softball team rolls past Classic 8 foes
- Sports Notes: May 13
- Blount's return sparks Muskego softball team
- Muskego's Jansen earns three firsts in Classic 8 Outdoor Track Meet
- OUR TAKE
- Sports Shorts: May 9
- New Berlin West boys second at Woodland Relays; Eisenhower boys finish in 11th
- Muskego's Kucharski bolts to top level of rugby
- MHS just misses Classic 8 sweep